Are there any synth ambient tracks on OC ReMix?

jordanrooben

I'm just wondering if there are any ambient tracks on the site. By synth I mean, with synth instruments, as opposed to samples, or a live performance. I'm hoping I can find a vgm remix that sounds similar to "God Is An Astronaut"

Here is one of thier songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuazUXiE1o&feature=related

Theophany's "Avien" is a recently posted one that is VERY good. It isn't at all like God Is An Astronaut. It's much more somber and abstract.

And dude... doesn't God Is An Astronaut have a lot of instruments besides synths going on?

Well, they do, but the theme is still largely synth. I wouldn't call them entirely ambient either, but i'm looking for actual ambient, and stuff like them.

Ah, well, they really aren't all that ambient in my opinion. They're definitely chill-out ish, though.

Ambient? Try Treasure (AKA David Helpling & John Jenkins). Each of those guys also has solo work that's pretty badass. That's my go-to ambient project.

Actually, now that I think about it, you should check out Hammock if you're looking for something like God Is An Astronaut. Hammock is ambient + some guitars & the occasional washed out, unintelligible vocals. Beautiful stuff.