OCR01360 - Final Fantasy VI "Deadly Promises"

'tis good, however, and while I understand why you'd have to do this, I feel as if you kind of switch the mood that the theme's s'posed to give, maybe that's just me and my nostalgia. while I'm not knocking your music, I just feel that it's to upbeat for the tune, I prefer this particular theme to be more melodic and slow, maybe not the right word but only one I can think of.

for what you set out to do, though, I'd say you did pretty well give ya an 8 outta 10

This is great. Like the pretzel said, thank you for finding a new way to do Terra. FF6 was a great game, so is the music and so is this. Weird thing, is that when I tried to listen to this on the site, there'd be holes, where it would just play nothing and start again. I just downloaded it and theres no problem now. Weird, anyone else have this happen? Probably just me >.>

Wow, my favourite tune from Final Fantasy VI has been done again. And I might add that it's an excellent remix. A completely new approach to the already many remixes of the song. I might like to add that the vocals do fit and this whole remix is almost at par with Death On The Snowfield.

Love the use of guitars throughout the whole song, my only complaint is the last part (which is almost unnoticable) but the guitar felt a bit flat. Otherwise its awesome! Definitely recommended!

I have to say, I was a little worried at first, not having heard anything by this remixer, and also having it be a Terra remix. But I have to say that I found it to be pleasantly refreshing. The whole song was so differant from any Terra mixes I've heard that I didn't feel like I was listening to the same song....again.

Anyways, I have to say that this was quite well done. 10 out of 10, for sure.

~Lord Syruss

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, seriously a a great tune. When you kicked in some harmonizing vocals, that was great, but it was like a tease. Once i heard a little bit, I wanted more. It would be great if someone wrote some rock lyrics to this tune also. Even though they're both great comps, this one is much closer to the original theme of Terra than Ailsean's 'Terra In Black'. That's what put this over the top for me. Great song.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Great intro! Reminds me of Stained and I like it. It then changes to more of a "Creed" picking style. I like that too! The ethereal voices sound great; adds a layer of texture that really hasn't been in your previous mixes. Guitar work is tighter too. Kick drum is thumpin' nicely in this too!! Great improvement! Hi-hats sound a little mechanical during the fast parts, but it's not too bad. Drum programming, on the whole, is very well done. Original without the feeling of looping! There are some hints of the Allman Brothers harmonizing guitar leads in there. The acoustic breakdown is a great touch. The playing is spot on. A fantastic improvement! Cant wait to hear the others!

• 2 months later...

This is definitely everything I've come to know and love about Darangen's mixes. The guitar work, arrangement, and overall track is sheer amazing :razz:

I love the intro so much; it's freaking awesome. I'll also admit that when the source comes, it's feels a little strange. I really like how the source is arranged, but it's how prominently Terra's theme is displayed in this track. I've always imagined it to be more dispersed and interspersed throughout the track instead of being transparently laid bare on top. Not to say that that's a bad thing, it's just something I'm not used to nor was expecting. This is and always will be a really cool track.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01360 - Final Fantasy VI "Deadly Promises"