OCR01361 - Star Fox "Fortuna Favors the Funk"

What did you think? Post your opinion of this ReMix.

Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you?

Very funky! I love to hear interesting basslines, made all the more interesting by the fact that I am considering a purchase of Trilogy. Seems like a nice little package! Back to the mix, I enjoyed the flowing feeling of it, and particularly liked the way you closed it off. Great use of synths as usual.

A little treasure to add to my collection... :)!! For some reason funk seems like the perfect choice for Starfox. It's cool, but not too serious. Classy, but fun. Spacey, but... okay, you get the idea. And the samples you chose are excellent, i.e. the lead synth with the wobbly vibrato. This'll sound great back-to-back with Love Hurts!

I love StarFox. This game was always great! The style of this song is really djpretzel. Because HE IS the busy body. Your last ReMix 'The Sveldt' is a example of what I like of his ability. And hey, this new ReMix by you really reminds me of Toe Jam & Earl. For some reason, this song remember another Shinobi´s ReMix too. Stuff of high quality. Is my favourite on these days.

I really like the separation that this mix has. Everything takes up its own space in the sonic field, and nothing interferes with anything else. It's really neat to isolate each of the individual parts throughout the whole piece, and hear what they're all doing. It's all very well thought-out and varied, and the way everything lines up and works together (think 0:54) is brilliant. Even with somewhat limited instrumentation, everything locks in and never gets boring.

I'd like to say it's your best piece yet... but then again, you also did Pachebel's Ganon. :nicework:

-chth

Y'know, DJP, you always have this incredibly disctint "style" that you seem to adhere to in all your mixes. Your G&G mix, and your sonic mix are perfect examples. It is prevalent in this one as well. Very funky groove, a kickin' mix. I've been kinda sick of all these melancholy FF mixes lately, it was nice to hear your mix as change of pace. Keep up the great work, man.

Each new funk piece DJP releases is better than the last, and this one is no exception. Even on my crappy laptop speakers, I'm finding that my head is DJPing by itself. I can't wait to blast this on my subwoofer.

Funkalicious work.

I liked everything except for those claps. They were really distracting, especially with the contant changing from on the beat to off the beat to short and logn claps and then random break beat claps. It might have soudned better with a different sample maybe :-/

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01361 - Star Fox "Fortuna Favors the Funk"