Dem Disjointed Chemicals *Chemical Plant*

SonicThHedgog

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed this. Although my feeling is that sometimes the huge bass at around 2.00 was a little out of time - it came in just after the 2nd beat but a little too soon. Also in terms of the timing, the section around 1.26 where you were glitching and playing around with the timing, i didn't feel like it stayed in time - although I could be wrong. I felt the sense of time was lost at this point - perhaps make it more rhythmically defined.

Also the bit at 1.36 only came in ONCE! That's my fave part of the original - I'd love to see it return at the end perhaps.

I'm certainly not a house expert but these were the things that struck me.

Calum

I enjoyed this. Although my feeling is that sometimes the huge bass at around 2.00 was a little out of time - it came in just after the 2nd beat but a little too soon. Also in terms of the timing, the section around 1.26 where you were glitching and playing around with the timing, i didn't feel like it stayed in time - although I could be wrong. I felt the sense of time was lost at this point - perhaps make it more rhythmically defined.

Also the bit at 1.36 only came in ONCE! That's my fave part of the original - I'd love to see it return at the end perhaps.

I'm certainly not a house expert but these were the things that struck me.

Calum

Thank you!

I know exactly what you mean, I tried to make this as disjointed as possible, maybe I over did it XD

I will try to do extention edits before upload the final. :D

Loving it. I think there's a little clutter in the upper range of the soundscape, though - too many instruments that have that high range in it. Doing a high pass on a few of the instruments might help clean that up a little bit.

The reverb, while appropriate, might also be creating some of the clutter that I'm hearing. If passing the instruments doesn't work well, cutting down on some of the reverb or high passing the reverb might just do the trick.

Personally I find the silence to be very fitting to the style. Just putting that out there.

I think this is great, though. Very fun stuff that I believe can pass, given that you fix the soundscape clutter a little bit.

This is pretty sweet. I really love the disjointed house/techno vibe to the piece. I like it fits the chemical plant style great. Don't really have any constructive criticism here to add, just wanted to say I really enjoy this mix.

EDIT: actually one question, why are there like 20 seconds of silence at the end of the track? I even turned my speakers up a bunch but I can't hear anything there...

I'm liking this, good work. I agree with Ectogemia, the silence bothers me. I feel like it breaks the momentum of the song. A minor complaint in a well done track. I've listened to a bunch of your songs, I really hope you become a posted remixer soon. Good luck!

EDIT: actually one question, why are there like 20 seconds of silence at the end of the track? I even turned my speakers up a bunch but I can't hear anything there...

Incase someone wants to add this to a set (but i forgot to leave them a drum beat lol) :P

Im no longer submitting anytracks.

Hell i'll sub something if you guys think I should

Well, you put it in mod review, so that implies that you want to sub it, bro.

You will need to take the 20 seconds of silence off the end when you submit the track, though. The site hosts stand alone tracks, so mixing in tracks designed for DJs to mix into other songs creates a separation in the site. Just make the DJ version available elsewhere, or even request that a link to a site where you host the DJ version is put in the track description, if it's important to you.

Like I said before, though, if you clean up the sonic clutter in the high ranges of the track (and remove the 20s of silence) I think this would have a very good chance at being posted.