Dem Disjointed Chemicals *Chemical Plant*

SonicThHedgog

QUICK, recommend some awesome comb filters for me, or at least synths that come with comb filters built in!

Not that I use it much either since I sample alot of synths or use a sample pack, I use the OMG combfilter( I think thats what its called if its not tell me and I will look in ableton or cubase for the name).

Oh im submitting this track in evening and im posting a thread of fm8 patches, massive patches, absynth patches, and sylenth 1 patches that I use (alot :o).

And I might throw in some ableton live, cubase, and fl studio sets of things I finished.

http://tindeck.com/listen/vtcv submitted.

]

PROOF I SUBBED IT >:o

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE - DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL!

Greetings -

Thank you for submitting your music to OverClocked ReMix. By doing so you are indicating that you have read and agreed to our Content Policy, available at http://www.ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy.

Assuming your submission follows our Submission Standards and Instructions (http://www.ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions), and the link/attachment functions correctly, we will evaluate it as soon as possible, roughly in the order it was received.

Note that the judging process does allow for some mixes to be posted faster than others, depending on circumstances. Also, depending on how many mixes are queued, it may take anywhere from 1-2 months for your mix to receive initial evaluation.

After initial evaluation, a submission will either be...

*Immediately rejected (you will receive a letter informing as such)

*Placed on the judges panel for further evaluation (you will *not* receive a letter)

*Posted directly to the site without further evaluation (you will *not* receive a letter)

If, after initial evaluation, your submission is passed onto the judges panel, it will be listed as "To Be Judged" at the "Currently in the Judging Process" thread on our forums. You can check the status there at http://www.ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2819.

If your submission is passed onto the judges panel, their final decision (with feedback) will be posted in our Judges Decisions forum at http://www.ocremix.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15. For a submission that is accepted to the site, this feedback thread will *not* be publicly available until after the approved submission is posted.

If primary evaluation takes longer than 2 months, please send a reminder via our forums to one of the judges (http://www.ocremix.org/info/Judges_Panel). You can register on our forums at http://www.ocremix.org/forums/usercp.php, if you haven't already.

We are working to improve the speed at which submissions are evaluated - we realize the process may seem lengthy, but we believe ensuring a consistent benchmark for the site is important.

Thanks,

djpretzel & OverClocked ReMix Staff

http://www.ocremix.org

Not that I use it much either since I sample alot of synths or use a sample pack, I use the OMG combfilter( I think thats what its called if its not tell me and I will look in ableton or cubase for the name).

Oh im submitting this track in evening and im posting a thread of fm8 patches, massive patches, absynth patches, and sylenth 1 patches that I use (alot :o).

And I might throw in some ableton live, cubase, and fl studio sets of things I finished.

Sorry, still learning about audio manipulation here. You sample the synths? Does that mean you aren't designing the patches yourself or using presets on a synth at all? Just messing with an audio clip of a sampled synth? This sounds pretty intriguing. Can you explain this further or recommend me a place where I can learn more about it?

What the hell is a comb filter?

A comb filter is dubstep.

Basically, it delays the input signal such that it phase cancels itself at certain frequencies. The end result is a muuuuch dirtier sound, usually something totally atonal and unrelated to the original sound. They create the craziest sounds I've ever heard. Very cool.

Sorry, still learning about audio manipulation here. You sample the synths? Does that mean you aren't designing the patches yourself or using presets on a synth at all? Just messing with an audio clip of a sampled synth? This sounds pretty intriguing. Can you explain this further or recommend me a place where I can learn more about it?

A comb filter is dubstep.

Basically, it delays the input signal such that it phase cancels itself at certain frequencies. The end result is a muuuuch dirtier sound, usually something totally atonal and unrelated to the original sound. They create the craziest sounds I've ever heard. Very cool.

I make the patches, I just sample/resample them so I can use the sound with out the synth present, but not all synths I sample like chord based synths that I may want to change the cutoff automation or the chord, or some bass synths that I may want to change the cutoff or lfo pos, ring mod,phase,distortion, combfilter delay frequency or resonance.

I would not say the filter it self is "dubstep" since they prob have been around for very long time, but just abused in the electronica world featuring agressive genre's :D

But if there is such a sound that I want to edit (any sound), I can run the sample through a granular synth or other effects or just EQ the crap out of it to get the sound I'm looking for.

Darn forgot lol. But I think they would reject this mix for one reason that I will not say yet because maybe they will not :/

I can't say what reason you have for it to be rejected (Unless it's the meandering of the arrangement, which it does a little bit... but that's not big enough to really pull the mix down), but if the silence the only issue they'll probably accept it and e-mail you in private telling you to fix the silence. No biggie.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
that is the name

Well, I am correct in believing "dem" to mean, "them" right?

If so your title is "Them Disjointed Chemical Zone". That makes no sense. If you were to say, "That Disjointed Chemical Zone" or just call it, "Dem Chemicals" it would make more sense.

Whatever, it's only a title....but I still don't get it.

Well, I am correct in believing "dem" to mean, "them" right?

If so your title is "Them Disjointed Chemical Zone". That makes no sense. If you were to say, "That Disjointed Chemical Zone" or just call it, "Dem Chemicals" it would make more sense.

Whatever, it's only a title....but I still don't get it.

yes

string dem = them;

Dude. Just saying that this is wayyyy better than the last thing I had heard from you! Congratulations on the awesome improvement, and keep it up! :)

EDIT: I agree with AngelCityOutlaw though. Title is a bit weird. If this gets a conditional yes and the judges ask for a different name (which I think they would, because a ReMix isn't supposed to contain the original's title, according to submission standards), how about "Dem Disjointed Chemical Beatz"? ;)

Dude. Just saying that this is wayyyy better than the last thing I had heard from you! Congratulations on the awesome improvement, and keep it up! :)

EDIT: I agree with AngelCityOutlaw though. Title is a bit weird. If this gets a conditional yes and the judges ask for a different name (which I think they would, because a ReMix isn't supposed to contain the original's title, according to submission standards), how about "Dem Disjointed Chemical Beatz"? ;)

okokokokoko if the name cant be the same, I will change it to be less awkward as you two noticed :I

Thanks! I have been keeping alot of my songs private or unposted so now im releasing all of them. until I start my remix lonewolf album in february8-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been listening to this and your Ice Cap Deep remix a lot of lately. Got them both on my iPod even.

Keep making awesome remixes. If you come across any other opportunities to remix another Sonic song then go for it. I'm definitely looking forward to more stuff from you.

I've been listening to this and your Ice Cap Deep remix a lot of lately. Got them both on my iPod even.

Keep making awesome remixes. If you come across any other opportunities to remix another Sonic song then go for it. I'm definitely looking forward to more stuff from you.

Thankyou!

^Sonic Album is getting ready soon, its just on hold for some technical issuses

• 3 weeks later...