OCR02314 - Metroid Prime "Parasite X"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...

Well, this track took me some time to wrap around my head, especially considering the not-entirely-melodic nature of the track - similarities with the Mother Brain source material?

In spite of this, it manages to keep with the source origins really well and goes into some very smooth creative melodic movements past the 1:10 mark. Gotta say that the percussion somehow felt a little minimalist to me for the first half of the song, but by the time it starts thickening up at 1:50 it starts to really dive into Mazedude's potential (which i'm assuming is where you started working on it again) and shows some writing skills kinda reminiscent to what you'd expect from the Earthbound score. It may take a few listens to get used to the whole thing, but once you do the purpose of the track starts to feel more understood.

To sum this up, it's quirky, it takes a more ambient track in a fresh direction, and I really dig this, so nice work for the Shinesparkers crew :)

Ahh Mazedude, what crazy things have you concocted for this mix?

This mix exhibits an interesting take on the original for sure. While the original is more ominous & lacks a melodic pattern that you'd notice, this one has more of a groove to it and a defined melody to get hooked on provided courtesy of the synth. Something feels like it's missing here though - maybe the bass needed to be more prominent? The arrangement certainly is there, especially if you compare it to the original, and once you do that it's not too hard to appreciate.

This ReMix is weird as all hell....and I mean that in the best possible way. Funky, groovy, and has a nice little swag to it. A trippy beat with a great arrangement, and a cool intro to boot. Not the kind of thing I'd listen to over and over, but it's a great listening experience so say the least.

Edited by Crulex

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02314 - Metroid Prime "Parasite X"