OCR02315 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask "Healing Majora"

djpretzel

Cinematic, climatic, and very well produced. REALLY liberal though. I know those sources well and I couldn't pick up but faints of them here and there. I highly doubt I'll be able to find all the references even after a dozen listens. Though it sounds like you've used both tracks uniquely from what I've read in the judges thread.

This one is very hard to describe. Although they're drastically different music genres, this song reminds me of the Nemesis Schema, a successful attempt to bridge multiple styles of music into a singular-focused song.

Does this one succeed? Well, sort of. The beginning(0:20-0:35) takes a lot of rough turns and left a strange first impression for me as the song progressed - it feels like it's rapidly turning through the styles of music, instead of trying to flow a bit more gently. It does have a few more moments later in the song that feel more appropriate though.

At the very least, it's a very interesting take on the majora's mask soundtrack, and isn't afraid to experiment. At this point, anything's better than the bowser dubstep that came out :P Rabble rabble.

*looks at write-up to see if recorded orchestra*

The production on this is absolutely fantastic. As for liberality on the source, I can see where that makes the song off-putting, but God, the way C7 fuses these two tunes is simply amazing. Majora's theme really accents the "disturbed tranquility" of the Song of Healing.

Also, for what its worth, my friend initially thought this was a track for Skyward Sword. Very well done.

This track should be getting more comments. It's phenomenal, I didn't have trouble seeing the source usage. I loved it though, it's different from what is usually posted on this site, and I enjoy the hard work that went into it.

It's been almost a year since I last logged in (not to say that I haven't been on daily :smile:), but I wanted to express my LOVE for this remix. The Zelda series has always been close to my heart, and (most recently) inspired me to attempt to learn the piano. Majora's Mask was the very first Zelda title that I played, so it has earned itself a special little corner of nostalgia for me. Now, before this turns into a rant/life story, I just want to say that you have done a great job with this mix, and I wish more artists would pay attention to this game's music!

Wow, thank you all very much! I'm glad people are liking this so much! It was a ton of fun to do, and I hoped people would enjoy some ear aerobics in some places for seeing where the sources turn up. I wouldn't fault someone for thinking it a bit on the liberal side, but I'm ecstatic for people who really enjoy it and appreciate it--there was a lot of work put into it.

Thank you all so much! Let's hope for some more comments ;-)

It took me the second listen through before I noticed Song of Healing in there, and several more times before I recognized all instances of Song of Healing. Really amazing job, I'm stunned by the quality of this mix.

Also, the section from 2:44-2:50 made me think Sins of a Solar Empire. In fact, this mix would actually fit pretty well in that game.

Had I not known this was Majora's Mask ahead of time, it would've taken me forever to realize what it was, and that's not a bad thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Solid mix here, this song goes places and can't really be accused of remaining in one place which is always nice to hear :) . It has direction and moves with a purpose. The song rests a little on the quiet side overall for me. Other than that, this is a nice orchestral take that does its job pretty well, and I don't have too much to say about it. I guess the song could use a little more instrumentation and maybe more string usage, but the results are pretty good here.

• 4 weeks later...

Up until 0:20 this is quite haunting.

Then it just gets grand, resembling a large film score.

The quality is excellent! The arrangement is also quite fantastic.

1:17 brings frightening feelings to mind. This is quite a dark piece.

I must be drawn to all of these dark and mysterious ReMixes. Because I enjoy them a lot.

At 2:10 it hits the fan. Breaking down again at 2:40 in a way reminiscent of Threnody by Krysztof Penderecki.

All in all. This is a horrifically good piece.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much for all the comments and compliments! The criticisms are much appreciated, too!

Breaking down again at 2:40 in a way reminiscent of Threnody by Krysztof Penderecki.

I love that piece and Penderecki in general! I can't say I was shooting to sound like Threnody in any of it, but I'm cool with that.

Solid mix here, this song goes places and can't really be accused of remaining in one place which is always nice to hear :smile: . It has direction and moves with a purpose. The song rests a little on the quiet side overall for me. Other than that, this is a nice orchestral take that does its job pretty well, and I don't have too much to say about it. I guess the song could use a little more instrumentation and maybe more string usage, but the results are pretty good here.

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I probably could've maximized the sound a bit more, but having a place to go with the dynamics was a bigger focus to me a the time. And I guess I didn't really give a whole lot of good melodic stuff to the strings much. Ah well.

It's been almost a year since I last logged in (not to say that I haven't been on daily :smile:), but I wanted to express my LOVE for this remix.

Glad to drag someone out of the woodwork ;-)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The production of this song is unbelievable! This drives in the feelings of cinematic ReMixing that Majora's soundtrack leads itself to. From haunting to dark to dramatic and so forth, and the way you managed to combine both themes in this way without losing any steam was pretty cool. The ending section was the best part of this one for me, for how well it was done.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02315 - Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask "Healing Majora"