Guild Wars 2: 'and i thought i would go to bed after i got to level 30'

The Derrit

Damnit, I was just about to post this.

I tried it, and it said they have already reviewed my application. IF I get in, I'll be happy to answer any questions!

Yeah you can't do that. There's a little thing called a non-disclosure agreement they make you sign which legally binds you so that you can't even tell anyone you get in the beta or anything about it for that matter.

I'd really like to get into the beta since I didn't manage to get into the most recent closed alpha of PSO2. Between the two of them, I'm probably going to lose a lot of time to MMOs in the relatively near future >.>

A pity it could prove hard to co-ordinate some sort of group if we do manage to get in and can't talk about it under the NDA. Kinda hard to find out who has access when people are strict about it.

A pity it could prove hard to co-ordinate some sort of group if we do manage to get in and can't talk about it under the NDA. Kinda hard to find out who has access when people are strict about it.

We can compile a list of our planned in-game names right now and once anyone gets in they can just add that list to their friends list.

We can compile a list of our planned in-game names right now and once anyone gets in they can just add that list to their friends list.

That does sound like a good idea, though it might be an idea to use more than one name, just for the off-chance that no-one manages to get their first choice name (this almost always happens to me, whether beta, alpha or release >.>)

• 3 weeks later...
That does sound like a good idea, though it might be an idea to use more than one name, just for the off-chance that no-one manages to get their first choice name (this almost always happens to me, whether beta, alpha or release >.>)

We could add OC to our in game names to try adding to our friends lists. I can't imagine that getting taken, and they won't be permanent names anyway since there's a server wipe when the game goes live and probably after each beta weekend.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that most of this doesn't really need to be worried about. When the pre-purchase betas start, the NDA will be no more. We can just chat it up here for friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Man, my last MMO was Guild Wars, I'm thinking about getting this...

Is the beta out yet? and how does it compare to the first one?

I'm sitting on the fence right now about getting this, if you guys can give a good argument I just might join you guys.

and read the massive original post of this thread.

Have any questions, feel free to ask 'em here.

Man, my last MMO was Guild Wars, I'm thinking about getting this...

Is the beta out yet? and how does it compare to the first one?

I'm sitting on the fence right now about getting this, if you guys can give a good argument I just might join you guys.

The upcoming beta weekend (Friday 27th - Sunday 29th) is open to any and all who have pre-purchased the game. They just sent out instructions for client downloads, but if you pre-purchased, you'd have time to jump in.

All the news concerning this has been overwhelmingly positive. They had a lot of basic design principles that helped form the game into an MMO that brings out spontaneous group play, and drops of many of the major issues found in other MMOs. Can't necessarily attest to how good it is, seeing as I haven't played it, but a quick search for videos and articles should help give you a good picture of how it plays, and what makes it unique. The official site has a lot of articles as well: that should help see what some of their major goals are, and whet your palate for more.

Edited by Kenogu Labz
DusK pointed out pre-order vs. pre-purchase