Guild Wars 2: 'and i thought i would go to bed after i got to level 30'

The Derrit

Correction: Pre-purchased. Only people who have paid for the game in full are guaranteed spots in BWEs. Everyone else, including people who did that traditional pre-order method of putting no or little money down and reserving a copy, have to cross their fingers and hope they get an invite.

Correct, sorry. Wrong terminology.

In some combination with the above, it's also likely that they wanted to limit the number of players for the beta as they want only a certain controlled load on the servers. This "beta" weekend is more like a publicity move than it is for players to give serious feedback. With the servers operating under controlled settings, the game will receive much more positive reviews rather than being a disaster like WoW's opening day.

In some combination with the above, it's also likely that they wanted to limit the number of players for the beta as they want only a certain controlled load on the servers. This "beta" weekend is more like a publicity move than it is for players to give serious feedback. With the servers operating under controlled settings, the game will receive much more positive reviews rather than being a disaster like WoW's opening day.

i mean i get it

but still it would have been nice if they had just said that up front and were like 'oh hey this is going to be a limited run so if you want it do it now'