Guild Wars 2: 'and i thought i would go to bed after i got to level 30'

The Derrit

So, has there been any concensus on a guild name or even world? They posted a list of the worlds that will be available on launch here.

what's the difference between them?

also a buddy of mine just bought me the game so he'd have someone to play with, so while i won't be in the early access i'll definitely be in the game itself. i am excited!

All that praise aside, I do have one very big issue with the game, and it's that the game engine is incredibly unoptimized. You need DDR3 Ram and at least a quad core to run the game at a solid frame rate. I have 3 computers, and ran the game on all 3. One of them is high end, one is the middle-man, and I have a very dated one as well. The game was only really playable on the high end machine, and that's a huge shame. The graphics in Tera are much prettier, and the game runs smooth as silk on most machines, because of Unreal Engine 3. They really, really need to spend some time optimizing the game engine, because it runs like crap in its current state.

NCSoft has the same issue with Aion. I can run Skyrim/Crysis 2/etc. on full settings with AA no problem, but when I try to do full shadows in Aion, the game runs insultingly sluggish. It actually had to remind me that I didn't overclock my graphics card again after reformatting, and when I did, it was better, but still not as smooth as I would've liked.

Has anyone checked out the performance in the recent stress tests with the new client? It's running silky smooth for me.

did you have problems with it before? if this is the case i'm very happy because one of my main deterrents to playing this in the beta was how choppy it got in a matter of minutes. if i can play this even on low settings with consistent framerate i will be happy.

Do you think you could recommend a processor to run it on a budget? I was thinking of upgrading my oldest PC, but trying to keep it to just a mobo/proc/ram update. Video card is a 260GTX. Dated, but above the minimum, I'm pretty sure.

graphics card comparison. you're way above minimum, lol.

i can't really recommend a processor without recommending the motherboard as well, since there's so many sockets, but any of the sandy bridge or ivy bridge high-clock duals or reasonable-clock quads are fine for the game. i'm still running an i5-750 and it runs totally fine. find a motherboard that gets four eggs on newegg and is in the 125$-150$ range. asus and gigabyte's got some good ones.

if you want let me know your budget and i'll give you a more specific recommendation.

Uhhhh yeah.... I really find it hard to believe that there are only 20 pages in this thread.... this game has huge hype and already millions of pre-purchases...

As mentioned a couple of times in this thread, I'll be on Yak's Bend, and if no one is gonna start the Guild (and of course there needs to be one....) I would happily start the "OverClocked" [OCR] guild....

So if you're planning on playing early release tomorrow night (they said they may have the servers up as early as 3 hours early!! So around 9pm PST friday. Send me a message (most likely will be named Syllix) and let's get our guild started!!!

TL;DR

Official OCR guild name: OverClocked [OCR]

Server: Yak's Bend

To add to what Gollgagh said, world transfers will cost gems (which are either earned in-game or bought with real money, if I remember right), and limited to 7 days a week. Still, shouldn't be that hard to get your characters to another server. It does sound like all characters must be on the same server though.

Getting my info from this.

We should probably be posting our IDs so we can add each other regardless of what we name our toons.

Mine's DusK.3680. Maybe Derrit should add our info to the first post, too.

And now I go back to eagerly counting the days til midnight. Been a long time waiting for this game. Years. I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight.