Guild Wars 2: 'and i thought i would go to bed after i got to level 30'

The Derrit

Coming from Tera the graphics are definitely a step down and I'm really REALLY missing the visceral skill-based combat from that game compared to the cooldown-cycling of this game. I'm hoping that the game picks up when I get up to some of the big multiplayer instances but ehhh, I'm pretty lukewarm about this game at the moment.

Guild Wars 2 has a lot more personality built into the world and areas, some of the vistas are stunning. I think Tera is gorgeous from a graphics perspective, but its pretty much all fluff. There's a lot more meat to guild wars world.

On the subject of combat, It's really a matter of preference, As someone who played a ton of Tera pvp, the combat had it's moments, but I'll be the first to say, there was a lot of downsides to the 'action' style combat of Tera. Broken classes, Bad animations on certain abilities, cookie cutter builds, its all there. Guild Wars 2 on the other hand is like a really, really good mix of Tera and WoW combat. Guild Wars 2 also has a *much* better trait system, it lends itself to better and more balanced customization. By level 50, your pretty specialized and have a good feel for how all the weapons work. Another thing to consider is that every class in Guild Wars 2 is infinitely more varied than it's Tera equivalent. lots, and lots of ways to play each class.

As someone who came from Tera, by level 15 I was feeling the precise same way, but now that I am level 58.. I enjoy this games combat so much more, its really surprising.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got busy with school myself, and the internet at the new house I'm renting hasn't been ideal for online games, but it works well enough at times. I need to start playing again :( I'm sad I missed the Halloween event, a friend of mine said it was pretty good for their first holiday event. Hopefully they do something awesome over Christmas break, cuz I'll be there.

The Lost Shores event is happening this upcoming weekend. As part of it, players will be able to invite some of their friends to play for the duration of the event for free. Players will be side-kicked for the event (which usually means everyone's effectively level 80 in stats).

It may just be a grand publicity stunt, but it's also a great opportunity to give people a chance to try the game, especially if the price tag's been holding them back. And if nothing else, maybe it'll just be a fun weekend for you and your friends.

More info: [Link]

Also, maybe we could get a topic title change so non-players can hear about the event? I'm sure some of us will be able to send invites.

• 1 month later...

Sadly I don't really play this game anymore either... I checked out the lost shores for a couple days, and made an appearance for the xmas stuff... but other than that, there's nothing in this game that keeps me playing sadly :(

I definitely thought at the end of summer that this was going to be my new game of choice, playing casually, but it isn't so :(

I'm actually just now getting back into the game. The reason I stopped showing up was because the game was constantly crashing on me. I got new computer parts for Christmas, and not only does the game run a lot better, it hasn't crashed on me yet.

I think the biggest problem with the game isn't so much not having anything to do (there's still tons of stuff I haven't explored or done) but that it's not nearly as fun when you don't have some pals to share the adventure with.