Guild Wars 2: 'and i thought i would go to bed after i got to level 30'

The Derrit

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads-up here, ArenaNet is going to be finally implementing the free guesting feature on January 28th. This means those of us on other servers will finally be able meet up to play PvE together. Guesting will not allow you to play WvW on the server you're guesting on, but just about everything else should work as normal.

On the flip side to this, free server transfers will be a thing of the past. You'll need to pay a number of gems to do a complete transfer to another server. Higher population servers will be more expensive to transfer to than low population servers. I realize not many are playing at the moment, but now would be the time to discuss whether or not we want to move the guild over to another server. Personally I'm perfectly fine with Yak's Bend and would prefer to stay, but considering the fact that we have a limited time to move for free, I figured I should bring it up. Again, guesting will be totally free and will allow us all to play together anyway no matter what we choose. Oh, and in the event we stay put, it's my guess a lot of people will be switching around. Anyone not on Yak's Bend might consider trying to hop on with us (if interested) since there's a chance you'll be able to catch it while it's not full.

ummmm I'd also like to get in on this action... The reason I don't play the game is because, well, everyone stopped playing it. All my IRL friends who play games are either too busy with work or school.

I'd totally pop on to do casual runs and stuff and skype / ventrilo with people. That's what makes it fun. I'm totally fine with staying in Yaks Bend... that's where the "main" guild is right now...

Anyone else on other servers that don't really play anymore? I know some of you are on other servers because of IRL friends... but if those certain IRL friends or other reasons why you are on another server doesn't exist anymore, why not jump over to OCR on Yak's Bend?

Also, thanks Binjovi for bringing this to everyone's attention. Maybe since most people are pretty casual now, we could discuss possible times when most people would likely be playing, like evenings during the week or something. I think I'd be more likely to hop on and play knowing that others would also be on during that time.

Will do! You want an invite into the OCR guild as well? Also, a thought occurred to me. I run Guild Wars 2 through Steam, so if anyone is really curious as to when I'm playing and what I'm playing, you can just friend request me there. Binjovi is my name there as well.

• 8 months later...

Jump on Yak's Bend and get in touch with those of us who are still around. The OCR is still in existence, if a bit unused, so you should be able to use that to get in contact with anyone else from OCR who's still playing.

Other than that, just dive in! Many of the concepts won't be much harder to pick up than standard MMOs. This page gives some tips that can help you hit the ground running. If you're ever puzzled by the mechanics, don't be afraid to shout out on map chat or nearby players, as there's almost always someone around who'll be willing to lend a hand to a new player.

Oh, and learn to dodge early. Lots of people seem to miss that there is an actual dodge action due to the game's unfortunate lack of full tutorials.

I just got this cause it was on sale but I've never played a Guild Wars game so what do I need to know

This game doesn't play a whole lot like GW1, so don't worry about that.

I'm sure you'll be able to figure out. It's quite a bit easier to just pick up and go compared to most MMOs. If you do find yourself struggling, though, make sure you're not clinging to old MMO mindsets, like standing still and trading damage, or spell rotations, or tank/heal/DPS. Stuff's different in this game. It plays a bit more like an action game.

Edited by DusK

Add me Mr. Strader (I'm not on Yak's Bend but I can play with you in every aspect of the game except World vs. World), my name is: Myriantha. Send me an in-game mail so I know you added me.

If you see red circles, get out of them by dodging or just strafing.

Try out different weapon sets/combinations to see what you like. Also have an open mind and know that different weapon sets and traiting are "better" for different tasks (open world vs. dungeons vs. SPvP vs. WvW etc.).

• 3 weeks later...
The OCR is still in existence, if a bit unused, so you should be able to use that to get in contact with anyone else from OCR who's still playing.
Add me Mr. Strader (I'm not on Yak's Bend but I can play with you in every aspect of the game except World vs. World), my name is: Myriantha. Send me an in-game mail so I know you added me.

how.......

first, you press the little envelope icon in the top left of the screen

second, you press the "Compose" button on the top left of the window that pops up

third, you write "Myriantha" in the "To:" field

fourth, you write "poop poop" in the "Subject:" field

fifth, you press the send button on the bottom right of the Mail window

oh, for that you need to get an invite from someone who's an officer of the OCR guild

tbph I'd say join another guild on the side anyway

even if you want to show your allegiance to OCR at all hours of the day, it's not very fun playing with an empty guild

Edited by Gollgagh

oh, for that you need to get an invite from someone who's an officer of the OCR guild

tbph I'd say join another guild on the side anyway

even if you want to show your allegiance to OCR at all hours of the day, it's not very fun playing with an empty guild

Well that's sad. I don't know how to even find a guild to be able to join one. And I wouldn't want to join a guild that sucked! Even if I'm a noob! :-P