OCR02317 - Gitaroo Man "FML (If I Could Drift Away)"

djpretzel

Slow, peaceful, and soft chiptune chill ReMix with a whispy whistling? Awesome. I actually enjoy how airy and far away the whistling sounds over the chippy goodness, and then all of a sudden it picks up out of nowhere! That part sound more like flying away like a bat outta hell rather than drifting, but I'll take it. Going back to a slower pace after all of that action, even if briefly, gave this ReMix much need change-up, which is great for a song about six minutes long. That whistling is infectious though, it's got me doing it.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Sir J is an awesome dude, didn't you know it? While this piece isn't so funky and energetic as most of his works, it's a brilliant one. It starts off with silky Rhodes and chiptune and some cool whistling, which sets the perfect mood. And when I got enough chills, it suddenly kicks up at 2:19, blending in sweet drums and reversed (!) guitars and a lot of some odd sounds, and I... cried. I've already said that I'm quite sentimental guy, so yeah... That drop is 4:33 is also nice. So, all in all, this is a very moody piece. Great stuff.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02317 - Gitaroo Man "FML (If I Could Drift Away)"