OCR00530 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Tight Finale"

orkybash

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Tight Finale'

This is pretty cool - Jivemaster works his magic on another sonic song. Not much to say here, other than it's almost complete ass-kickage. The repetitiveness keeps it from being *total* ass-kickage, but considering the source material Jivemaster had to work with (which sounds like a simple 3-chord progression to me, with a discernible melody coming in only near the very end) he did pretty good.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

9.9/10- At OC.org, I am searching for the "pefect remixes" of videogame songs. Yours is damn close. I like the song so much becuase it's sticking to the original theme, but is still something different. The use of the "clap" sound was wonderful, and whatever you used for the backround theme was perfect, and never tired me out. The ONLy problem i had with the song was the instrument choice for the main melody, which is played at the end. It could have been a little more "in yo face".

Otherwise, it's an excellent remix.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

prologue (1): I never liked the original song. it annoyed me.

prologue (2): usually I like Jivemaster's works

then, on the remix.

as usual, Jive managed to improve by 3250% the greatness of a song. the bad news is that the source song had very few to improve. if I can give this a numeric vote, it would be like 19/30, like a 6+ because I'm happy

• 1 year later...

I love this source tune's melody, and I've never even heard the source itself.

And Jive turns it into one of the most energetic mixes on the site, mainly brought about by the constantly repeating circular-sounding synth. The mix can be said to use many electronic-music cliches, and actually I can agree a little since they're often mixed too sharply, but I can't help but love the sound anyway. Put this in any rhythm game for me any day.

Someone said the ending melody should have been more powerful or something, and I agree with that to no end. Given the high energy throughout the rest, the sample is weak in comparison.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

A bit on the repetative side, but there is a lot of energy here, and the synths are generally pretty good. Having several rotating arpeggios gives a lot of motion, and the semblance of the chord structure really well.

The filtered repetition of the melody was really nice as a bridge, It gave a little more life to what was starting to get stale. Copout ending IMO, I would have preferred a ascending run and then the boomy hit rather than just a boomy hit, but whatever. :-)

Still a decent remix.

• 2 years later...

I spent about 3/4 of the mix waiting for a treble instrument to come in with a melody before it happened. Interesting approach, but as OA has said, this gets repetative pretty quickly. When most everything drops out my attention was caught for a moment. Would have liked that to be a transition into something new instead of building back to more of the same.

Catchy, but very repetative.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00530 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Tight Finale"