Twisted Metal Collab

AngelCityOutlaw

I wanna collaborate with some people to do a remix of this

and possibly with some other song(s) included. Preferably another guitarist who hungers only for the taste of rock, someone who's good at mixing and mastering, and if possible, a bassist.

I'm open to any suggestions regarding what to do with this. All I know for sure is that it's a bitchin song, I jam along with it several times a week and it should totally be done.

What say you?

I wanna collaborate with some people to do a remix of this
and possibly with some other song(s) included. Preferably another guitarist who hungers only for the taste of rock, someone who's good at mixing and mastering, and if possible, a bassist.

I'm open to any suggestions regarding what to do with this. All I know for sure is that it's a bitchin song, I jam along with it several times a week and it should totally be done.

What say you?

Maybe find a way to mix the sequal's theme song in there too?

That song is awesome. Wouldn't you want more than one other guitarist ?

I think it fits much my VG3 thread, but as a standalone. You know, like, many guitar exchanges and stuff ala jam.

edit: I have to find dudes who wanna do something like:

Well, my initial idea was me and one other guitarist could play the song. Like one guitarist's rhythm on left, the other on right and then trade-off between lead playing, but it would probably be more fun with more guitarists....hmmmm. I could PM and ask other OCR guitarists to contribute. Though I'm not sure who is likely to collab.

It doesn't have to be strictly guitar driven though, if there is anyone else who plays an instrument and thinks it could work, let me know.

I suppose if I come up with a little bit of the track and post it, that might get more ideas flowing. Also, mixing the TM2 theme in there is possible!

Well I play Bass and guitar, but I suppose you heard my works so you know that i'm too suck for something like this.

But I can offer dums, also mixing and mastering could be possible.

Dude, I'm a fan of your work. You don't suck. If you wanna do drums and or mixing/mastering that's great!

I kind of think this source should be arranged in smooth jazz

That would certainly be a departure from the original lol.

I'm up for it. I love SingleTrac's early work. TM and JetMoto were why I bought a PSX before ffvii. Don't forget WARHAWK!

My main axe is a Rickenbacker 4003. Fireglo of course.

I'm still figuring out the whole recording part of it :) How to not kill your tone, that kind of thing.

I've played most forms of Rock from classic on up over the years. Though my current obsession is Melo-death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxdK-_-rwug

I'm up for it. I love SingleTrac's early work. TM and JetMoto were why I bought a PSX before ffvii. Don't forget WARHAWK!

My main axe is a Rickenbacker 4003. Fireglo of course.

I'm still figuring out the whole recording part of it :) How to not kill your tone, that kind of thing.

I've played most forms of Rock from classic on up over the years. Though my current obsession is Melo-death. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxdK-_-rwug

JETMOTO 2!!! We could throw in some slickrock gorge or something.

If this mix turns out badass, and if we got it on OCR, I could pass it along to Chuck Meyers (Twisted Metal 1 composer) not sure if he did Jet Moto 2 as well. I'd have to ask. Probably, since Lance Lenhart was on that soundtrack too. I'm not sure if showing a composer "hey, we covered your song even though we don't own any copyright etc" is a good idea or not.

Anyways, you know I love your stuff Gar, welcome aboard.

EDIT: So far this puts MetalMan and I on guitars, Gar on bass, and if he's still up for it, Mak doin' drums and mix.

Double thumbing or single? Here's a little diddy I'm working on now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcgzpmzCCI0 (that's not me btw)

As far as the box? I'm not really into most of these sharing programs. I keep my audio pc offline anyway.

I'll be honest, I don't know much about slap playing, but if you can make that classic funk "slap and pop" type bass sound that's perfect.

I should have my initial ideas for the start of the arrangement to you guys tomorrow! Then we can add and make changes from there. Also, I don't know how dropbox works yet (I'll have to read more).

How about http://www.datafilehost.com/ ??

Temporally storage. Good nuf I think

That works too. I'm cool with Mediafire, Dropbox or Datafilehost.

EDIT: Okay, so my arrangement for like the intro part of the song has been written and I'll try to record the rhythm guitar over the vst bass and drums tonight! Then, if we've decided which file hosting method we're using, I'll upload it and you guys can tell me what you think! Share riffs, melodies etc. Then we can all expand upon the song =D We may as well write the whole song before we record all the parts of course.

I can also provide the sheet music and tabs of what I have so far.

Oh btw Gar, Metalman....any preferance on guitar tuning? The original was just E standard. Which works for me....