Broken Download Link

Bahamut

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd hijack an old thread instead of making a new one.

Courtesy of a hard drive crash, I've just finished torrenting 0001-1700 and am at work downloading the rest manually. Samurai Discotheque's Dreamhost mirror link is broken, and so is Castle of Tears' iiens mirror. I'm going backwards, so if I encounter any more broken links from 1701 to 1748 as I download over the next ten minutes, I'll edit this post.

Figured I'd hijack an old thread instead of making a new one.

Courtesy of a hard drive crash, I've just finished torrenting 0001-1700 and am at work downloading the rest manually. Samurai Discotheque's Dreamhost mirror link is broken, and so is Castle of Tears' iiens mirror. I'm going backwards, so if I encounter any more broken links from 1701 to 1748 as I download over the next ten minutes, I'll edit this post.

0 issue with either link to me. Maybe it's just you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

So not only did we have to gather an arbitrary number of Likes to get access to maverick.ocremix.org, but the zip file for download on that website is completely inoperable. I've tried to download it no less than 6 times so far, and every single time the download "finishes" at near the 50MB mark and won't unzip.

Since we went out and promoted your site for you, can we at least have the album that was promised as a reward?

Nope! No soup for you! :lol: Free internet music is serious business, y'all.

Seriously though, plenty of people have downloaded the file just fine. This is a client or server side error that a few others have reported, but for the vast majority it works perfectly. Now I'm not the one behind all of this stuff obviously, but I'm rather certain there isn't anything that can be done. The .zip itself checks out as a complete, legit uncorrupted file for lots of folks. I'm sorry it isn't working for you though... try the torrent instead if you can?

I'm on a school ISP, and they have blocked all torrenting activity (their reasoning is that [they think] the only uses for torrents are illegal ones) so I'm stuck trying to download the zip file. On my 8th try now and I'm still getting this "client or server error".

I'm sure someone will throw it up on another mirror soon. I know it sucks to not be able to download it, but OCR has provided a wide variety of ways to download the album. Sometimes shit just won't download correctly for some people. It happens to me on occasion for random stuff... I don't think there's anything else you can do other than to try another mirror or another connection.

I'm sure someone will throw it up on another mirror soon. I know it sucks to not be able to download it, but OCR has provided a wide variety of ways to download the album. Sometimes shit just won't download correctly for some people. It happens to me on occasion for random stuff... I don't think there's anything else you can do other than to try another mirror or another connection.

How do I get on another mirror for the full zip? I only see one download link for the full zip, compared to the 4 mirrors for the individual MP3s