Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shell Shocked - History

KyleJCrb

• 4 weeks later...

I'm shooting to have as much done as possible by March. It remains to be seen if that'll happen, but I hope it does!

Also, to whet your appetite, and to quell any potential rumors this this project may not be FACEMELTING enough, I have put together a new preview showcasing the killer solo chops of the awesome musicians on this album: http://kngi.org/shellshocked/ShellShockedOMFGSOLOZPreview.mp3

Edited by KyleJCrb

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am officially setting the final due date to March 4th, 2013. I would like to have as many finished tracks as possible by then!

Also, if you're a backer of the FF6 project, be sure to check out the album preview teaser that was released featuring TWO full tracks from this album!

Edited by KyleJCrb

I am officially setting the final due date to March 4th, 2013. I would like to have as many finished tracks as possible by then!

Also, if you're a backer of the FF6 project, be sure to check out the album preview teaser that was released featuring TWO full tracks from this album!

Just wondering, which tracks were in this new preview?

awesome man, looking forward to it. can't stop listening to ergosonic's track he put on DoD. wish i could get a listen of hot for april. how soon after your final due date will the album be released you think?

awesome man, looking forward to it. can't stop listening to ergosonic's track he put on DoD. wish i could get a listen of hot for april. how soon after your final due date will the album be released you think?

It depends on a number of factors, including how many songs actually get finished by then, how long it takes for the album (when it is completely finished) to get through OCR's album review process, and how many other albums are ahead of this one to be released at the time.

In other words, I have no idea.

After searching for ages trying to find someone to arrange the Sparring Match multiplayer theme, TWO artists grabbed it on the same day! I have already received a pretty well-developed WIP from the legendary JIVEMASTER (whose Sonic remixes right here on OCR were actually my very first introduction to the hobbyist arrangement community!) Now some of you might be asking, "wait, Jivemaster does rock? I thought he was all UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ" And to that I say you shouldn't pigeonhole artists like that, and yes, he most definitely does rock.

As for the other arrangement, it was born out of an idea that's still developing as we speak, spearheaded by Tuberz McGee. Who are THE SHELL SHOCKERS, you ask? Well, you'll have to wait and see. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty excited, because ON BEING HUMAN, a rock band composed of professional game and film composers, has just joined the project! You might've seen these guys performing live at MAGFest, or in their awesome web series on RetrowareTV, where they previously covered Technodrome: Let's Kick Shell, along with several other tracks that you can stream on their Bandcamp page.

In an interesting and unexpected twist, they will be taking on the five remaining non-essential tracks, meaning this album should be a comprehensive collection of the entire TMNT4 soundtrack!

I'm pretty excited, because ON BEING HUMAN, a rock band composed of professional game and film composers, has just joined the project! You might've seen these guys performing live at MAGFest, or in their awesome web series on RetrowareTV, where they previously covered Technodrome: Let's Kick Shell, along with several other tracks that you can stream on their Bandcamp page.

In an interesting and unexpected twist, they will be taking on the five remaining non-essential tracks, meaning this album should be a comprehensive collection of the entire TMNT4 soundtrack!

Daaaayum. That's excellent news!

• 3 weeks later...