Halo 3 ~ In Memoriam

Brandon Strader

I don't usually post mixes cause I do projects, BUT this is non-project and it's still fairly new so I'd like people to hear it while it is fresh.

Halo 3 - In Memoriam

Music video :

direct link : http://www.bstrader.net/remixes/inmemoriam.mp3

Sources:

Never Forget http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDZscyf8lU

Finish the Fight

Halo[??] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a37BNAqsmlQ

Also I can't sub this for like 6 weeks so have at it :-)

Why can't my stuff sound like this?? O yea, the difference is experience and several gold DoD awards...

What did you use for the orchestra? Compared to the rest of the mix, the sound of the strings seem mechanical and tense.

The development is a bit slow for my tastes. I would love to hear it build to a speed or epic metal section somewhere in there but of course that's just me. :-)

In short, love it. Going into my reference pile named Stuff to Aspire To, Now Get To Work!

I would love it if you put some short music production seminars on your website. Any chance of seeing that addition in the future?

Music production seminars?! :-o

I, uhh... have no idea how to do that. :-D

I only have 1 gold trophy! This one was the silver one. :[

The 'orchestra' is LA Scoring Strings, and they're unquantized and have volume automation via mod wheel so I dunno how much more unmechanical I could have possibly made them :3

glad you liked it :-D

I could probably make some kind of youtube video tutorial at some point but a lot of the stuff i do is really specific to the stuff i use :3

Ahhh, DoD finally posted the results. Second only to Dr. Manhatten.

You know I should really participate in those listening parties...

As far as LASS goes, I've never used them for my string arrangements as I'm pretty partial to EWQLSO. I'll have to check out a few more of those demos once I get can get some sleep.

Sonic Generations: 12hrs to go!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ninja-updated the link. You may need to hit refresh.

I didn't change the samples but I think I emphasized the change in modulation a lot more, going from as low as possible and really swelling the strings. I tweaked some other stuff but I forgot the details. Anyway it should be pretty good now, I'm diggin' it. I think I have it scheduled to be subbed on January 23rd.. thanks for all the help. :-D