Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis - 30 minute Re-Recording in 2011!

beckett007

Over the last month or so I began to re-orchestrate and re-arrange pieces from an old adventure game that is dear to my heart... Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. The original score composed by Clint Bajakian, Peter McConnell, and Michael Z. Land was epic in its own right and has some amazing themes and motifs running throughout. What I've done here is totally reworked some of the original midi source files and have re-recorded them utilizing a custom sample library recorded in London... which is why this album is called "The London Sessions".

Because only ONE custom sample set was used the album has a very nice cohesive feel to it and turned out really well!

Those familiar with the game will REALLY enjoy this for sure. Those who aren't should grab a copy of it off of STEAM or unlock the game within the Wii version of Staff of Kings. Old school goodness.

Anyway, this is far from a complete score from the game, in fact it's more like a "best of" but all of the big pieces are there.

FOA_LondonSessions_AlbumFront.jpg

Here's the full track list.

TRT - 31 Minutes +/-

1. The Raiders March (main titles)* - 2:23

2. Map Screen - :30

3. Kerner and Trip To Iceland (Kerner steals the statue)* - 3:13

4. Sophias Presentation - 2:19

5. Streets of Monte Carlo (monte carlo car chase) - 1:47

6. The Unfortunate Death of Dr. Jones* - 1:24

7. Fight at the Dig (fight music)* - 1:31

8. The First Ring of Atlantis - 3:13

9. Crab Raft - 2:25

10. Lava Maze - 2:54

11. Finale and End Credits (the second ring of atlantis)* - 9:25

*-Contains portions of The Raiders March by John Williams

Check out a few samples:

Fight at the Dig:

http://snd.sc/v61g8S

Crab Raft:

http://soundcloud.com/rich-12-1/fate-of-atlantis-crab-raft

Finally, the FULL album can be downloaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=60ECVZEM

Or if that link is having issues, it can be downloaded via my site here:

http://richdouglas.net/ocr/FateOfAtlantis_LS_Soundtrack.zip

Enjoy!

Rich

I can't believe this is actually happening!

I'm downloading the album as we speak. I'd love to listen to it right NOW, but I have an exam in about half an hour and need to leave for the university in five minutes or so.

I'll comment on this later, but for now let me just say that this is an awesome idea! I'm really happy this awesome soundtrack is getting some love.

Thank you so much for this!

I think you are one of the few people who understands how important Fate of Atlantis is to some of us. This was my first point-and-click adventure and was, by far, my favorite. I honestly can't thank you enough for this, checking it out shortly before I get up to my ears in WIPs!

Edit:

...from what I listened to, it is heavenly. Rarely has something given me such a nostalgia trip. I now dream of having the whole score redone like this. IF THERE WERE ANY WAY, I WOULD DEMAND YOU TAKE MY MONIES. Fantastic work, Mr. Beckett. Listening to the rest of it later!

OK, I've listened to it at least three times now and I have to say I'm really impressed by the samples! Except for some of the parts where the trumpets and the violins change notes quickly, it sounds incredibly realistic. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little envious. =D And considering you did this as a little side project in addition to your regular full-time job, it's magnificent. Again, thank you so much. I'll make sure I spread the word!

Also, would it be OK if I sent you a private message? I have a few questions about the instruments you used in some parts. =)

Thanks!! Sure, feel free to send me a pm...but know i most likely wont give away most of my sample secrets. This sample set gives me a competitive edge you see. :)

I will say a few things about the library though for those curious:

- All of these Indy pieces were done in 8 tracks or less

- the samples are true legato...hence the smooth transitions

- there was no verb added....they sound like this out of the box (save for some added eq and compression)

- the players involved have been used on countless high profile film scores

- once again, just one sample library was used for this project

- each piece took 2 to 4 hours from start to finish...I work fast to begin with

- is this lib comercially available? Sort of.. but i'll never tell. And no, its in no way related to project sam or east west.