The Dark Side of Hyrule (LTTP + LA)

SenPi

So I've been hankering to finally do another OCReMix attempt and here are some ideas I came up with the other day. I feel like they are kind of disjoint so far, but I think I like it so far. Just gotta figure out a way to make it mesh better and sheeeeit

The basic idea is the Death Mountain Theme from LTTP, the Dark Overworld Theme from LTTP, and Tal Tal Heights Theme from Links Awakening.

http://soundcloud.com/djsymbiotix/the-dark-side-of-hyrule-ideas

I dig the concept. You make those three songs go together much better than I would have thought they could have.

The bass pretty dry and not really bassy. It sits in the mid range and gets lost with everything else. Try increasing those lows and maybe add a reverb or delay to flesh it out.

The song in general is a bit loud and generally sits in the center and mid range, so it tends to runs together. Lowering the volume, adding some panning, and bringing up some of those highs/lows should bring some of those instruments out. 1:10 is a good illustration of this. Not too much going on, but everything has a chance to be heard and the delay on the higher melody really fills it out. That's your money drop right there, really.

It feels like the end should be building up to something more, but just repeats. There's not a whole lot going on in the last minutes of the song starting at 2:04. I understand if you're trying to make it mix friendly, but the song seemed like it was setting up for another verse.

You have a great idea, so keep working on it! Thanks for the listen.

This is awesome and need work. I'm sure you could do something great with this.

First thing, extend your bass. Layer it with a phater one. You can keep it like this at 0:00 but at 0:14 I would make it harder. The pattern repeat itself for the bass play with it a little bit.

Then the buildup is very long and then you cut to nothing. I would shorten the build make something big of the first part and then bam you introduce the part at 1:10. It don't have to be at 1:10 but this part is the introduction to the second.

Your second is awesome but there is no energy boost. You got the track sitting there with nothing more nothing less.

2:03 would be really really a big bang if you were to dubstep it or make it more moving. Big bass, eletro lead, anything that could put us in the crazy mood.

Hope it helped and I want to see more of this. This is awesome stuff but it need some polish and work.

I can't really add much advice to what was already given. The main issue for me is that the higher synth from the beginning until about 1:09, and again at 2:04 until the end, is really overwhelming, that one note is held for too long. That's all I can focus on. Still though, I enjoy the concept, and it's definitely a good start. Keep at it.