Linking Songs

I desperately need to link 3 songs together. All of which are in different keys and tempos. I would provide youtube links if I could, but the tracks are instrumental and they didn't come with artist names.

The first track needed to run for 30 seconds, then be cut off and go into the next one. I accomplished that because at the 30 second mark, the song landed on this big reverb hit. So I pitch shifted that track to the relative minor key of the next track. It worked not bad.

However, the second track needs to end at the 1:30 mark approximately, then go into the final track. Making this happen is extremely difficult and pitch shifting the final track doesn't work. I figure an effect

could blend the final two tracks, but I have NO IDEA how to make such an effect.

In general, what are some methods DJs use to put three different songs one after another and make it sound natural without adding in any original composition etc? I mean, I can make medleys if I make the songs from scratch, because then I'm in control of composition, arrangement etc., but doing that is sadly not an option with this project.

Any tips are much appreciated

I'm not one to discuss the ethics of DJ'ing but breaks like that come as part of a cheap dj package. Cuts, Loops, Breaks, do a search with those words and you can probably come up with something for around $20. Or, you can cut out the break you want from youtube and use that.

Keep in mind that you probably will piss plenty of people off with techniques like that :smile:.

If you can run a few phrases of one song in the background then find a decent spot to fade one out and bring the other in that should give you the linking you need, making sure that the groove the song establishes is only augmented, not changed, by the one to follow it.

If you want to send me what you are trying to do I know someone with more experience in doing DJ'ing like things.

I'm not one to discuss the ethics of DJ'ing but breaks like that come as part of a cheap dj package. Cuts, Loops, Breaks, do a search with those words and you can probably come up with something for around $20. Or, you can cut out the break you want from youtube and use that.

Keep in mind that you probably will piss plenty of people off with techniques like that :smile:.

If you can run a few phrases of one song in the background then find a decent spot to fade one out and bring the other in that should give you the linking you need, making sure that the groove the song establishes is only augmented, not changed, by the one to follow it.

If you want to send me what you are trying to do I know someone with more experience in doing DJ'ing like things.

Thanks man.

I actually figured out the solution is just...better song choice. The keys and tempos are so different that I have to really speed them up to get the groove similar. That doesn't solve the whole major to minor with no transition chord problem.

So I've told my friend that we will have to try songs which are similar in tempo and all that jazz to mix with it instead. Then her project will really sound killer. I was practicing beat matching and crossfading with other songs and it worked pretty sweet!