OCR00453 - Super Street Fighter II "Cammy's London Drizzle"

Ginnsu

Super Street Fighter II 'Cammy's London Drizzle'

McVaffe, as always, lays out an awesome tune here. He certainly doesn't leave much room more that our ears could desire than what he gives out. I love the simple guitar tune that plays when ever the lead wind is not playing. It’d be really cool to hear more done with that. And for my final note on this; once again, an awesome mix, by McVaffe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, this song just makes me really happy. I can't explain why really, but i tell ya...it's a very good remix. Smooth and even...very good instruments and a mellow tone that you could fall asleep too (or drive to during a nice summer day).

• 4 months later...

Totally amazing remix again by McVaffe, the instruments, the sound, everything about this brings a sort of unknown feeling within me. The well played notes, the little bass, the not-too-fast beat. This is definitly a keeper, and everyone who likes that whole "chill" sort of song, get it now. This is 100% the best.

• 2 months later...

McVaffe what have you done? Everyday I'll have on a long playlist of random songs, and I'll be just minding my own business when all of a sudden BAM!... this comes on. At that point I stop what I'm doing and just listen... there's nothing else I can do really. How can a song be laid back, smooth, yet still demand attention like a 3 year old. I don't know how you do it... but I'm glad you do.

Whenever I want to trick a nongamer into admitting he or she likes what I will later reveal to be remixed videogame music, I break out the McVaffe.

My classical-elitist aunt fell before the awesome might of the Cutman Sonata.

My father was unable to withstand Cammy's London Drizzle, which captures better than any other song a bleak, overcast day in the dingy rats' nest of Olde London.

My girlfriend succumbed to Psycho Acoustic/Badass Posse.

Today, my primary relationships... tomorrow, the world...

• 2 months later...
Holy hell.....I have been to London, and it is almost always foggy or raining lightly...and this song brings back memories....*wipes away tear*

this song is the melodic personification of London

I dunno about the always raining or foggy. It's normally overcast or sunny there most the time. I would know, being next door to London every day.

Anyway, the song, this is calm, yet suprisingly attention grabbing, as soon as I hear it, I pay attention, it's pretty awesome.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Whoah--that's pretty cool. It reminds me of just walking down the street in the rain listening to my head phones. The track manages to be chill without losing the listener's attention.

I really dig the drum sound--how'd you get that feel from them. The electric guitar is tastfully done and the echo in the right speaker isn't obtrusive. It's actually kinda cool how the echo from the eight note and the last quarter of the repeated pattern gives a grace note feel. The melody line from 1:01 to 1:20 is a bit iffy though. I think vibes would have blended better with the jazzy feel.

I was skeptical when I saw it was a remix of Cammy's theme, but this remix gave the tune a completely different feel to me. Thanks McVaffe.

• 3 months later...

Simply amazing. I've always liked Cammy's stage from Super Street Fighter 2 and was blown away when I heard this remix. It makes me always see rain falling in puddles of a bricklaid street. This is easilest my favorite SF remix on OCR.

I'll be looking forward to your future remixes, McVaffe.

That's right, you heard me.

FUTURE. VIDEO. GAME. REMIXES.

• 9 months later...

This is up there with the best street fighter remixes ever I think, and there are a lot of them. When I used to play SF at the arcade I always used to lose against Cammy and I know why. With an arse crack like that and the great music I was far too distracted.

• 10 months later...

I'm a big fan of this one, great groove and some cool ideas like the panning guitar throughout. The drum loop gets a little grating eventually, but melodically the mix is great, with some excellent piano comping and a solid bassline.

Some subtle synth flourishes in the background add a bit of subliminal interest, and all the sounds are well chosen, giving a great mood to the song.

Since the track is so old by OCR standards, it's pretty easy to forgive the single loop usage, when considering the quality of the rest of the track, but it does become a big issue on repeated playthroughs. Overall the song is worth a listen or two.

• 1 year later...

This is one I've overlooked for quite a while, and I can't imagine why. With its kickass intro and cool, deliberate approach to melody, I've really been missing out. Samples aren't as crisp as they would have been back in 2001, but they still have plenty of life in them.

It's sauve, sophisticated and yeah, as the name suggests, there is that cosmopolitan London tinge to it that may not suit the character of Cammy to a tee, but it goes really well with her theme song.

It took me a while, but I can finally say I'm sold on this mix, and that it lives up to the stellar McVaffe reputation.

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

For the fair bit of age it has, this still sounds rather good with it's slick, hoppin' laid-back arrangement that makes it perfect for it's namesake London drizzle. Love that piano work. McVaffe, man, nice work on this awesome ReMix track.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00453 - Super Street Fighter II "Cammy's London Drizzle"