Star Fox - Corneria Super Ultra Edition Remix

kyubey

I know you've tagged this as finished, but I'll just post a few things that came to mind as I was listening and hopefully some of it will be helpful. :)

Are you using MIDI drums? I'd suggest getting hold of a rock drum kit for this track. It's a powerful remix and I think it needs powerful drums to drive it. What program did you use to make this tune? If by any chance it was fruity loops (what I use) then I reckon layer a couple of snares out of the FPC folder, same with the kicks.

I love that synth that comes in at 0:18. It sounds fat. More of this! :D

In your techno section starting 0:59 I think you want a big, punchy kick drum. When you EQ you might want to take down the muddy low/mid sounds in the sample and boost the low end and somewhere towards the end to get the punch.

Sounds really cool, nice work.

It's pretty good, but needs some work to be OCR-post qualified. I thought that there should be a bass instrument or synth that would play all throughout the song. Without it, the song sounds REALLY empty.

As for the lead synths, they're okay, but it's not a bad idea to re-examine them as the focus of the arrangement. Don't be afraid to go wild, as long as it's not grating to the ear.

As Alex Smith stated, the drums give a low-res feel, and do not give off the intensity necessary for this kind of piece.

My musical pet peeve is a lackluster ending.

If you work on it, I would LOVE to hear the finished product.