Final Destination Remix

Sonic 3

I like it, you should definitely continue working on it. I have a few thoughts that might be helpful. When the strings come in 8 seconds in, it sounds muddy and I think you would benfit from bringing up the high-end in the EQ. I think you could also add some higher octaves in there.

I think the hi-hat is too loud compared to the kick and snare. Perhaps layer another couple of snare sounds to get a more powerful hit. Same with the kick I think, needs to be a bit more punchy, or just brought forward in the mix.

At 0:27 I think the new drums come in too loud. If you're going for a big drop type thing, maybe bring up the volume of the other instruments to match the dominant drums.

Hope this was helpful. :)

I like it, you should definitely continue working on it. I have a few thoughts that might be helpful. When the strings come in 8 seconds in, it sounds muddy and I think you would benfit from bringing up the high-end in the EQ. I think you could also add some higher octaves in there.

I think the hi-hat is too loud compared to the kick and snare. Perhaps layer another couple of snare sounds to get a more powerful hit. Same with the kick I think, needs to be a bit more punchy, or just brought forward in the mix.

At 0:27 I think the new drums come in too loud. If you're going for a big drop type thing, maybe bring up the volume of the other instruments to match the dominant drums.

Hope this was helpful. :)

hey thanks for the help! I'll make some changes to the EQ. you really think I should up the whole tune by a few octaves? or just the strings?

Definitly agreed about the volume mismatch with the hats vs the kick/snare, I'll bring a couple more snare sounds in, and possibly another kick sound as well, just so you can hear it at least!

Oh you think the new drums are a little too loud? I'll scale them back a little.

Thanks for the feedback. Because I have to reupload it etc: I'd like to make a load of big changes at once. so is there anything else from the rest of the song you can recomend? Should I drop everything after 1:35 and continue soley on the FD?

How about at 0:57? Does the low synth base go well with it?

At 7:00, is the left/right switch too distracting?

at 9:35, what do you think of the Fd reprive? Is it too different from the main tune to be included?