zirconstudios.com malware message

Bleck

Really really sorry about this, guys. It's been a giant thorn in my side for weeks now. What happened was that MONTHS ago, a single plugin I was using to resize thumbnails had an exploit that some asshole used to put malicious PHP on my site. I immediately fixed the exploit and deleted all the PHP, or at least I thought I did. The problem was that each PHP file had its own backdoor, so the same hacker(s) could keep going in and putting more redirecting crap all over.

Since my webhost (Lunarpage) was useless in helping me with this, a week ago I completely changed hosts, reinstalled everything from scratch and completely cleaned everything out to make sure that not a single file from the old site made it on to the new one without being thoroughly checked. So, there's no way any of the old malware made it on, since everything on zirconmusic.com now is fresh + reinstalled from remote servers or my computer, not simply copied over from the infected site. I submitted the domain, along with zirconstudios.com (which is just a redirct) to Google to be removed from the blacklist. Hopefully they'll do that ASAP.

tl;dr - There isn't any malware on my site now, and as soon as Google reviews my request to have it rechecked, the warning message will disappear. I'm really, really sorry for the inconvenience. Moral of the story - update your plugins :-(

What happened was that MONTHS ago, a single plugin I was using to resize thumbnails had an exploit that some asshole used to put malicious PHP on my site.

Let me guess, timthumb? That plugin is notoriously insecure. Best to use a different plugin or the completely rewritten version.

Also, I've built/managed a number of wordpress sites in the past so I know a thing or two about it. If you need any help on things like this, feel free to ask.