Legacy: Game Boy 25th Anniversary - History

WillRock

Yeah, I was terribly busy and then I was lazy. But I guess now that WillRock has posted again, I have to do something.

iSent The Damned a PM almost two months ago. You'd think he could at least tell me "No thanks" rather than hold me in suspense about claiming Tetris, assuming it was/is a "Nope, sorry." :whatevaa:

I messaged The Damned about claiming Tetris. For everybody, though, here's a WIP/demo/sketch: http://soundcloud.com/nintendude794/tetris-fur-elise

I don't understand why this rough sketch seems to be one of my more popular SoundCloud tracks... :-?:<:-D

Thoughts, constructive criticism? It's only a quick draft, and if I'm allowed if not encouraged to take Tetris, my next WIP will be much better.

^And then I tried to post it in the forum itself, following a fellow nooooob's lead. We both were criticized err berated by WillRock for it.

You shouldn't post WIPs on the forums. That stuff should be private :P

This is pretty cool, altho use of fur elise kinda makes me a little unsure overall, depends on damned tho. As far as performance/production goes, this is def cool, I love the take :D.

Although WillRock seemed to like my sketch! ;-)

Yep you're good to go. I've updated the Gdoc.

6 more tracks to claim dudes!

So, since apparently WillRock is running the sources [also/better], Howdy again! And since I'm finally posted--even though my past PM included the same track as my audition, while it was still in To Be Posted queue--I just now forwarded that same message to both o' y'all. :smile:

We do ask for auditions from people who don't have an OCR artist profile... so yeah send an audition of a track you've done in the past and we'll see if you're appropriate for the project :)

If it's no longer impressive--which is how I feel, seeing as how I recorded it 18 months ago and as such have likely gotten so much better--I also put this rough, specific idea for Tetris on my SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/nintendude794/tetris-fur-elise

^Look at how many people have listened to and downloaded what I thought a terrible sketch! 8-) And that's my most downloaded track on SoundCloud... :roll:

Sorry to message in both places, y'all. I don't care what the answer is, I jus' need one and've been waitin' on one, so I can stop worryin' about claiming it and/or get to work on a quite legit piano take of Tetris. Thanks. :)!!

Yeah, sorry, life stuff and all that. But that's over now (the stuff, not the life), so yeah, back to work.

If you had looked on the google doc link in th first page, you would see that you're already on the list for Tetris. WillRock has control over that document, so I guess he updated it sometime since then.

So... GET ON IT. :wink:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to take the mastering spot if possible.

Here's a demo of what I can do.

http://www.mediafire.com/?h32o1z0x7poxukq

If you want specific info on what I like to do in my mastering process etc. just ask.

If you want me to do the mastering and want the track to sound different etc. than my demo, I'm open to all options and would gladly work with you. :)

Thanks!

-Dudebob

• 1 month later...

Um, is it way too late to express interest in this? Just saw the thread today and I'm new, but this looks awesome! I am a rapper and can do nothing but rap, remix-wise, but if anyone needs a rapper... I am one!

I'm down to rap on anything really, if you think rap would be a good direction to explore. My personal preferences, of course, align with franchises I'm more familiar with: Wario, Kirby, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and especially Zelda. I don't know how much work GuitahHeroe has done on it (I see no WIP is recorded, so I'm semi-hopeful), but I've got a Link's Awakening concept if you're interested. Will PM you! (I'm also familiar with Lemmings and Harvest Moon, though I'd have to think about concepts for those).

Also, a bit of searching has revealed to me that the NES game M.C. Kids has a GameBoy version called McDonaldland released in Europe. I've got lyrics and everything for an M.C. Kids rap song, so by all means, hit me up if that interests you. M.C. Kids has a kickass OST, too, for being a game that advertises obesity, and it would add more obscurity/diversity to the track listing.

Here are some samples of my work (excuse the shitty audio quality, I will be coming into better equipment shortly). They're all in pretty different styles and voices to give you an idea of my range:

http://soundcloud.com/mc-final-sigma/take-some-time-off-sample

http://soundcloud.com/mc-final-sigma/sms-sample-verse-for-ocremix

(wrote all lyrics, am the first rapper)

• 1 month later...

I'd love to snag the Super Mario Land theme if it hasn't been taken somewhere in here already. Frankly I was shocked when I saw it available in the Google Doc (which I'm assuming is current). I know I've not got a remix published right now. I'm working on that. I'm rather new to this site. If you'd like, I'd be more than happy to whip up a rough WIP before being locked in for the track.

You can find the source here.

Also, I have some experience in web design if my skills as a remixer prove subpar. In fact, I'd be glad to do both.

Edited by Ghost Signal

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to Legacy: Game Boy 25th Anniversary - History