Some veterans day music (a few hours late sorry).

Ronyn

I don't know if this qualifies for community but if it does please move it. Seems more appropriate to start here though since I hardly post original music and it's still unfinished in my view.

So I worked on a war game project that only got half finished a few years ago. The music is half finished too, these are sort of quick mock-ups to get some music in the game fairly quickly - it was the intention to polish thse tracks as we went along but the programmers just gave up on it. This stuff has been sitting on my hard drive forever and really nobody has ever heard it. I think I'd like to clean and polish it up sometime soon and maybe post it out there for free use or maybe productiontrax or something. (Is there better out there these days? Haven't checked in a long time.) It might be nice to hear some feedback from anyone that likes the war genre style, give me some ideas to clean these tracks up. Some of these tracks have reasons behind how they sound, so maybe I'll add info about them.

http://www.mediafire.com/?y7b0sa5zdp8a9 (plays best in VLC, programmers wanted .ogg)

Training Day: The loops don't replay too cleanly, and I'm thinking of taking out the gun shots. I thought I'd try it for the art, it was menu music so I wanted to put the listener in a battlefield, get them all agitated.

In The Thicket: Probably would overhaul this track. 1:41 is kinda cool, but leading up to that is pretty messy I think - maybe make it more minimal like the ending. I think this and The Hero they had me trying to reproduce their idea of temp track and create something similar to another work - which I really suck at for many reasons.

The Hero: Intro is kinda messy too with sloppy samples - probably clean this up a lot. Was trying to get a "Bad Company" vibe going with the cello, not sure if I really like it hearing this again.

Call of War: So I actually wrote this for a real orchestra to play, and a real orchestra did play it, so that's why no artificial samples. It's pretty simple so they could handle it without difficulty (of course some dumb-A percussionist still F-ed it up). I might do more to this now though since who cares anymore. This would be a fun piece to really make a whole overture or something out of.

Those are my ideas, anyone else's are appreciated.