Help me win $2500 in a jingle contest! I'll donate $200 to OCR if I win!

Gimgak

Sup y'all. So I entered a jingle contest for a car dealership in my hometown and my entry made it to the finals! The winner gets their jingle on the radio and $2500! They are doing voting via "Like"s on Facebook, so if you could like this video I would really appreciate it:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100465128515680&set=vb.129054267587&type=2&theater

Also, if I win, I plan on donating $200 of the prize money to OCR! I feel it's the least I can do considering that this website has played a large role in making me the musician I am today.

I'm currently neck and neck with one other entry for the lead, so every vote helps.

Thanks guys!

You have to compete with Likes? Ugh, I don't like the sound of that.

I put a like in for you. :) I hope more on here can because it's a simple 5-seconds-of-your-time request.

If you're looking to continue posting elsewhere, and you should, you should rethink your request headline. "Help me win $2,500!" comes off like "Take your time to help me win money you could really use but won't see a shiny red penny of or probably even get a thank you for!" Instead, try something like "Need help with jingle contest - only need 5 seconds of your time." That's not the best one I could come up with, but something more humble that doesn't mention how much money in the headline.

If you wanted to take it a step further - offer to donate a portion of that $2,500 back to the website/community you're on. For example, offering $200 here to OCR if you win I think would definitely help endear more people to your cause.

Just some thoughts to help you win. Good luck!

You have to compete with Likes? Ugh, I don't like the sound of that.

I put a like in for you. :) I hope more on here can because it's a simple 5-seconds-of-your-time request.

If you're looking to continue posting elsewhere, and you should, you should rethink your request headline. "Help me win $2,500!" comes off like "Take your time to help me win money you could really use but won't see a shiny red penny of or probably even get a thank you for!" Instead, try something like "Need help with jingle contest - only need 5 seconds of your time." That's not the best one I could come up with, but something more humble that doesn't mention how much money in the headline.

If you wanted to take it a step further - offer to donate a portion of that $2,500 back to the website/community you're on. For example, offering $200 here to OCR if you win I think would definitely help endear more people to your cause.

Just some thoughts to help you win. Good luck!

First of all, thanks for the vote!

I also thought about your suggestion to give some money back to OCR, and have decided that I'd totally be willing to donate $200 to OCR if I win! OCR is kind of responsible for me being the musician I am today, since it was through this community that I discovered FL Studio and met a lot of people that inspired me to learn more about writing and producing music. I think $200 is the least I can do, considering the fact that I might not have ever made this jingle if it were not for this website.

Uh oh, another entry just jumped ahead of me by about 100 Likes. I'm gonna need a lot of help if I'm still gonna win this, so if those of you who have already liked my entry could share it with your friends on Facebook and what not, that would be awesome. It ends on Nov. 30, so we've only got like 4 days left.