Looking for someone who can rock a sequencer

mrtrent

I recorded this lovely singer a few months ago against a jazz arrangement recording of the great fairy theme and what other names it goes by from the zelda games, I made with sibelius. I'd like to get a better sounding ...sound...if anyone wants to use their sound library. Yes, I am asking you to do my work for me if that's how you want to think of it. I don't have the money to buy those libraries, I just write music, but If you want to collaborate and make an awesome sounding piece with me, let me know!

here is the recording up to this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq0lJASC9Ao

Why is it that people just assume that using more advanced sounding multi-sample libraries is as easy as merely plugging the music in?

Composing is never more than half the work for a professional delivering a virtual performance as a final production. And on a simpler piece, production can be 80 to 90% of the work.

Your arrangement is weak and repetitive, to get it up to snuff and make it interesting, it would require jazz comping by the players.

If I wanted to slap my name on this, I would have to spend time rearranging the work, and performing jazz comps with multiple instruments in hopefully slightly different styles so as to reproduce the originality of multiple performers, not to mention programming virtual instruments and human performance quirks (which are plenty in Jazzier stuff).

I know I wouldn't be able to do it without some kind of compensation. Is there something you can offer besides money?

mmmm...well...bodies are illegal in most states...but....nah I don't really have anything to offer other than maybe help in return for other projects or consultation on orchestration.

People assume that having advanced libraries and whatever you said probably because they have now experience in sequencing at all, like myself.

The arrangement is supposed to be a loop, which would explain the repetitiveness. Like being in the great fairy fountain, you would hear the same bit over and over, well that was what I was going for. If I intended for people( with the exception of the vocalist) to perform this or make it a real song, I assure you, there would be a lot more variation . I would keep the instrumentation, because for that style, I like it small and close knit, though I might throw a keyboard in there for good measure.

If you could elaborate on the arrangement being weak ( with the obvious exception that it repeats) I would appreciate that, I got nothing when I posted this in the remix thread.

What are jazz comps?