OCR00454 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "The Goddess Appears (Trinity)"

Ginnsu

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 'The Goddess Appears (Trinity)'

This is a sweet mix with a nice moderate tempo, and an inventive attitude. I say inventive because once he gets it going, Jason Litrio, seems to like to play with the tune and exchange or add in new instruments, as well as tweak the arrangement a little. Nice once, Mr. Litrio, and keep it coming.

• 2 months later...

Well well well... Interesting version of the tune used in the Fairy Fountains in both Zelda 64s. It's got a slow tempo and a nice mix of instruments, from harps and orchestral strings to pianos and flutes. Nice tweaks to the melody keep it from getting boring, and it's a soft, jazzy, and relaxing tune. I like it!

• 2 months later...

I used to think this one was kind of dumb, considering that it really is just the original fairy tune with some countermelodies and stuff changing styles. But now it's very relaxing to me...it's something that I can't say is the best remix, but I can't help listening to it. There really isn't too many of these types of remixes where the original tune is there, and some improvised notes weave in and out over it. Overall, some good stuff...ESPECIALLY if you like the Zelda 3 soundtrack as much as I do (which is a lot).

Shouldnt this be renamed Zelda 64? Maybe I'm not remembering the music from a Link to the Past correctly.....

Anyways, I like this ReMix a lot, it's very groovy and has a calming ripple effect going on (me). If you like magic fairies who restore all your hearts, then this one's for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

EXCELLENT FUN FUN ORIGINAL. This song works on a great many levels. It screws the whole "let's change the lead instrument to something slightly better" idea and takes the original, which immediately lends a nostalgia factor. The background instruments are all of exceptionally high quality. Each time the song deviates and decides to do something completely different it actually sounds right. 7/8

• 4 months later...

My first thought on hearing the beat near the top was "this is sick". Which was embarassing, since I never say things like that in real life, but nonetheless true: the background is incredibly well-done; just great. Far surpassed my expectations. (The lead melody isn't bad, either, though it's not quite up to the same standard.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i know this is an old remix song. im new to this site. ive downloaded quite a bit off ocremix. i have to say, this is one of the best remixes i have downloaded. my favorite so far even though i prefer final fantasy music. it has a nice relax yet kinda hiphop feel to it which i love. like the previous reply, i love how you mix into the song at the beginning from the original music. everything is balanced and the melody is heard very well and the improvised piano is beautiful. the person who made this has alot of talent. i look forward to hearing your other remixes.

• 7 months later...

I love the way this mix evolves! First you've got the somewhat ominous little intro, and then around 0:10 the harp comes in and leads right into the main tune. With the addition of the piano at 1:24 and (what I believe) is a xylophone at 2:00, this mix definitely sets a relaxing atmosphere for the listener. I would recommend this to anyone who's looking for some nice music to just sit back and chill to. :)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My winamp finally shuffled into this gem. Ohhhh man, I'm loving this. It's so calm, soothing, and awesome. I loved the intro, and everything else. Except for that piano part at 1:50. But I'll probably love it soon enough. This will be playing a lot more on my playlist :D

• 5 weeks later...

I found that this was an enjoyable piece, with my favourite part being the cool little acoustic arpeggiated chords, which kinda reminded me of the FF7 tune "Underneath the Rotting Pizza" (one of the themes from in Midgar, which I happened to like). It's a cool little piece, nothing groundbreaking in the remix community, but it's a good piece.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I totally was not expecting something like this.

Way chill, and though it is really similar to the original, the way it is handled was really cool. I am seriously grooving to this one.

I really don't think this'd pass the judging panel nowadays (or it'd be really close), but i'm really glad it made it in when it did.

Recommended.

• 3 months later...

Every time I hear that intro, I think: Well, time to crack out LttP and play a little. Nice little hit of nostalgia.

I really love this mix, because I really enjoy mixes that promote a natural flow from beginning to end. There's mostly tranquil ingredients in there, with a slight dusting of urban, but I appreciate the tranquil things the most. There is a liquidity to the instrument choice and the improvised nature that I find very cool, and extremely easy to listen to. Many props.

Great idea with the opener. Really grasp it. Just started this game the other day and found out how repetitive it is in the opener screen. You really mixed it up tho. May suggest to lay a lil low on the vibrato in the beginning. Doesn't seem to reflect the whole at the time of music.

*Edit: Vibrato may be not so bad after hearing it again. Sorry!*

• 1 year later...

I really don't think this'd pass the judging panel nowadays (or it'd be really close), but i'm really glad it made it in when it did.

Recommended.

Ditto. This sounds almost too close to the source aside from the piano and the beats over it. Not saying it's a bad thing, as I like it. I just don't know if this would have held up on today's grounds. Other than that, awesome work. Love this ReMix.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00454 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "The Goddess Appears (Trinity)"