OCR01363 - Final Fantasy VII "Beyond Midgar"

djpretzel

This is a beautiful remix. I know I might be biased because I have a spot in my heart for piano solos. I really enjoyed this remix as it brought back memories of the game and its characters. Very emotive

I especially love the quiet part at 1:59, it felt so heart warming to listen to it, and the powerful part at 2:41. Definitely recommended.

BogusRed has done a beautiful job of taking the FF VII main theme and putting it wholly on the piano, going beyond the restraints of the orriginal melody, and adding more notes that bring out the grace of the piece.

Kudos to BogusRed, my hat is off to you.

~Twitch3

...i'm trying to find the source of the original song... I can't find it.

The original song is 'Cloud's Theme'. I think it's pretty easy to find versions of it online...and I mean I can kiiinddaa see what the judges meant by 'too little interpretation,' cause it is orchestral to start with and has pretty much the same strucutre. However, I lerve this song so much. The piano interpretation was definitely excellent. kudos

• 1 month later...

it is much more colourful and emotive than KlUtZ'es take on the theme... his was just kinda lacking human emotion in it's composition.

I've noticed that your music brings back to mind fond and precious memories long forgotten in the heavy mists of my life.

it's so brilliant!

your music isnt perfect note for note... and thats a plus for you, it allows emotion and live to reside within the melody as it echos through time, like gold endebting its brilliant color due to imperfections.

... sorry... I get like that sometimes... sorry if I stretched the screen... :oops:

• 5 weeks later...

I absolutley love your take on the FFVII theme! To me, it's an inspiratiion. I'm inspired by how you played this piece. Perhaps it's the fact that I myself am an aspiring pianist. Or just the fact that it's from FFVII, one of my favorite games of the series. But whatever the case this is top notch, 10/ 10! Something only a real pianist can do!

This has a kind of careful piano, not rushing through everything, instead taking it easy and lets every note talk for itself. When it finally gets some more speed at 2:40, it gets real beautiful and professional when the notes just fly past you and absorbs into your ears. Then it gets calm again, and then a touching finish to make it all a remix definitly worth a download.

Then we all listened happily ever after.

The End

• 3 months later...

^ I completely second those last two comments. I don't know how you do it, I just don't know how you do it!!!! You just take an idea and run with it...BEAUTIFULLY! It's as if you sit down at the piano and you're playing this tune as it comes to you. I don't know how to explain it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess when you make a remix like this, you do it by exploring different sides of the main theme in a way that you see other ways to communicate the atmosphere, style, etc. and that's what gives rise to the different motifs/sounds (can't find the right word for it) that you weave together, like the one at the beginning and the one that builds from 4:48 or so.

Well, that's the way I see it, it could be completely different, but all I can say at this point is that it's a true masterpiece not to be forgotten, whether you have played FFVII or not, you gotta love it.

• 5 months later...
Actually the source is the Overworld Main theme although often times that's considered the characters main theme. There is a link right to it on the page for the remix.

I think it's track 1 of the 2nd disc of the 4 disc soundtrack.

The piece is amazing and is one of my favorite OC remixes of all time. My one question is when will we see new stuff from you?

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

you know some people might think that everyone is heavily biased towards listening and making music for the final fantasy series, but listen to this track and i think its easy to see that it is done for good reason. A story like that is more than a game, its an experience. I know it sounds dumb but its true. If i die and there is a heaven, i will inevitably be thrown into that world which is so beautiful. I look back on that game with so many fond memories, its hard to shake.

This track reflects everything about this game that is marvelous. Moreover, its like revisiting the entire game in 5 minutes because of how well balanced in diversity it is. It has the positive and negative in powerful contrast, with all the spirituality of a Hayao Miyazaki film.

All i can say is thank you for the trip into memory.

From a technical perspective, the dissonance between notes is outstanding, as is the tender attention to percussive dynamics.

I agree with the writeup, indeed it was like watching someone draw a perfect circle.

I want this played at my wedding. To be honest, i really might :)

*listens to it again*

• 2 years later...

This track reflects everything about this game that is marvelous. Moreover, its like revisiting the entire game in 5 minutes because of how well balanced in diversity it is. It has the positive and negative in powerful contrast, with all the spirituality of a Hayao Miyazaki film.

A number of piano versions of songs on this site are just that...piano versions. But this mix goes beyond the source material in a very moving way.

What these people said ^

:shock:

Wow...

This

is

so

beautiful.

Wow...

I normally like solo piano arrangements because they make for interesting listens, but this... goes way beyond everything I've come to expect from these kinds of mixes.

It just positively drips with not just emotion and effort but personality. This is one of those mixes that belong in everyone's collection. I honestly could listen to this all day.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01363 - Final Fantasy VII "Beyond Midgar"