*NO* Battletoads and Double Dragon & Donkey Kong Country 2 'Space Lynth Uno'

DragonAvenger

Contact Information

· CJthemusicdude

·

· CJthemusicdude.com

Submission Information

Name of game(s) arranged: Battletoads and Double Dragon: The Ultimate Team (SNES) and Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)

Name of individual song(s) arranged: Stage 5 and "Mining Melancholy"

Name of remix: Space Lynth Uno

Link to the original soundtrack:

and

Your own comments about the mix: This started out as just a Stage 5 remix for BTDD, but bits of "Mining Melancholy" kept popping into my head as I worked on it so I decided to throw the classic mine tune in there. This marks the first mix I'm submitting without requesting feedback on any WIP's. Mostly because I wanted to submit this as soon as I could early in the month to meet my monthly quota of game remixes, and also because I like it a lot. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did working on it!

Gotta say, I wasn't feeling this one compared to your other submissions. Some sections felt pretty thin overall, and a lot of the sounds felt fairly generic. Not to say that everything needs to be unique, but at the same time, I didn't feel like there was much standing out for me, either. I like the two themes together, and I think you did a good job combining the two. I like your drum arranging overall, too, although I felt like the snare could be a bit more crisp, and the synth serving as the bass drum for most of the track should be replaced with something that has a stronger feel.

A lot of the sounds feel pretty blockey and mechanical. I'd spend some quality time adding some humanization to the track and adding more variation to the attacks. There's also some areas that are a bit crowded, mostly when you have a lot of chords coming in strong.

Overall, a lot to work on, but I know you can fix it up.

NO (resubmit)

I feel like the bass itself was pretty weak and buried by a lot of scooped sounding synths. The arrangement was pretty cool, but it really needs more power than it's getting right now.

Deia pretty much nailed it in that the samples need a bit of tweaking to have more tone, and generally less high end. and more humanization. The drums are ok, but the kick seems weak, and the snare sounds really static.

I'd make some slight adjustments to make the transitions stronger as well, but mainly the only work that needs to be done is on the production end, IMO.

No, please resubmit

two great sources here, one of which i'm not so familiar with. will be interesting to see how you've blended them.

turns out this is mostly a battletoads joint, which got a little repetitive with the main melody, but the integration of mining melancholy at the end was a nice touch, and change of pace.

the production up-played the synths (and the drums), which were pretty generic. loved some of the effects and LFO's though. felt a little condensed to the low-mids, so some boosting the highs on your hats/snare and leads a bit would make this feel a lot brighter.

some polish in both aspects wouldn't hurt, but the production is whats holding this back at the moment. take this feedback, polish it up, and send it back!

NO(resub)