Looking for a guitarist to record an original heavy metal composition.

MikeViper

Hey, MikeViper here. I recently composed an original Heavy Metal composition. You can listen to it here...

However, in this version of the composition, the guitars are midi.

So I'm looking for an experienced guitarist, to record parts of this song, with real guitars.

There are 4 main parts that I need recorded:

-The lead guitar part

-The backing guitar part

-The rhythm guitar part

-An acoustic guitar part

If you're interested, I can give you the original midi, so you can sync your recordings to that.

Hey, MikeViper here. I recently composed an original Heavy Metal composition. You can listen to it here...

However, in this version of the composition, the guitars are midi.

So I'm looking for an experienced guitarist, to record parts of this song, with real guitars.

There are 4 main parts that I need recorded:

-The lead guitar part

-The backing guitar part

-The rhythm guitar part

-An acoustic guitar part

If you're interested, I can give you the original midi, so you can sync your recordings to that.

If you can live with a 5 day turnaround, I'll be glad to do this.

If you could send me the backing and the midi, I'll start right away.

If you can live with a 5 day turnaround, I'll be glad to do this.

If you could send me the backing and the midi, I'll start right away.

Alright. Thanks.

The backing track with no guitars is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdwk5cjl5hv1973

And the midi is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x5m1b3i5hm5gqmb

When you record the tracks though, can you record them seperately? You know, one track for each guitar part?'

You can also improvise at the section at 1:57, if you want to. It's not necessary though.

Alright. Thanks.

The backing track with no guitars is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdwk5cjl5hv1973

And the midi is here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x5m1b3i5hm5gqmb

When you record the tracks though, can you record them seperately? You know, one track for each guitar part?'

You can also improvise at the section at 1:57, if you want to. It's not necessary though.

Yeah, sure.

I usually record both the raw guitar and the mic'd amplifiers.

This allows me to reamp the recording through different setups when needed but things should be good with just a mesa triaxis and a few basic postprocessing tweaks.

I've transcribed the guitar parts now and learned everything,

I'll spend tomorrow with a metronome and work up the timing etc.

For some reason, I'm getting a brittle sound on my recordings, nothing like the in room audio. I think it might be my microphone not working well or my inept mic placing.

http://soundcloud.com/asterlius/section-3

I may have to use revalver and reamp the raw wav's. Either way, I'll supply the raw with the processed lines.

Can you work with reaper project files?

There are lines with no vibrato/note inflection that sound too straight, is it ok to inflect for variance?

(like some long notes of steady pitch could have slides off and a harsher pick attack for more click in the sound)

Cheers

I've transcribed the guitar parts now and learned everything,

I'll spend tomorrow with a metronome and work up the timing etc.

For some reason, I'm getting a brittle sound on my recordings, nothing like the in room audio. I think it might be my microphone not working well or my inept mic placing.

http://soundcloud.com/asterlius/section-3

I may have to use revalver and reamp the raw wav's. Either way, I'll supply the raw with the processed lines.

Can you work with reaper project files?

There are lines with no vibrato/note inflection that sound too straight, is it ok to inflect for variance?

(like some long notes of steady pitch could have slides off and a harsher pick attack for more click in the sound)

Cheers

Sounding pretty good man. Not sure what reaper is.

But yeah, you can add vibrato and slides wherever you want. As long as it doesn't change the main melody too much.

So how's it going? Hope you just aren't going to stop posting with no explanation. lol

I had the recording finished by yesterday morning but there's some accounting to do before I can upload. There's just too many tracks in the daw right now.

I have recordings of every stem with every pickup, 5 different solo takes with different note inflections and direct input as well as rendered outputs in multiple patches from my equipment. Should have the song down to under 10 guitar tracks by tomorrow by selectively removing piece by piece

http://soundcloud.com/asterlius/29_11

That's the most straight forward version, the midi notes everything really staccato so it's a bit tough to work with some notes and in other takes I don't cut off some sections.

I would have it finished tonight but I'm being dragged outside by my gf. I'd rather stay in and complete things tbh but... women :tomatoface:

What DAW software do you use so I can export the right filetypes?

I had the recording finished by yesterday morning but there's some accounting to do before I can upload. There's just too many tracks in the daw right now.

I have recordings of every stem with every pickup, 5 different solo takes with different note inflections and direct input as well as rendered outputs in multiple patches from my equipment. Should have the song down to under 10 guitar tracks by tomorrow by selectively removing piece by piece

http://soundcloud.com/asterlius/29_11

That's the most straight forward version, the midi notes everything really staccato so it's a bit tough to work with some notes and in other takes I don't cut off some sections.

I would have it finished tonight but I'm being dragged outside by my gf. I'd rather stay in and complete things tbh but... women :tomatoface:

What DAW software do you use so I can export the right filetypes?

Well I'm not sure what DAW is. But to mix the tracks I use MixPad.

But everything is pretty good as far as playing goes. Still missing that acoustic guitar riff behind the solo though.

The intro riff is spot on though.

The solo is spot on too.

However, the main melody at :50 is a bit off compared to the midi and synth guitar versions. You should recheck that.

So pretty much if you just correct that, it'll be perfect.

Well I'm not sure what DAW is. But to mix the tracks I use MixPad.

But everything is pretty good as far as playing goes. Still missing that acoustic guitar riff behind the solo though.

The intro riff is spot on though.

The solo is spot on too.

However, the main melody at :50 is a bit off compared to the midi and synth guitar versions. You should recheck that.

So pretty much if you just correct that, it'll be perfect.

A DAW is a digital audio workstation program. It's the software that is used to record tracks, add effects, adjust everything. Cubase, protools, apple garageband and reaper are the most common ones afaik, I see the program you use is similar.

I'm not sure if it's some sort of multi-track audacity like program or one with proper vst host compatability.

For reference, this is what reaper looks like, very easy to use imo :)

22492382.jpg