Stop Online Piracy Act

Magnetic Ether

Pretty old in comparison, but

It logically follows, which is what SOPA is about: people on YouTube and other sites are using copyrighted materials (even just a second of it), and SOMEONE other than the holder is making money. SO SHUT IT ALL DOWN, that's the response.

HOLY SHIT

Someone doesn't know their copyright laws.

dude i got him to quiet down so don't give a reason to get a response out of him.

I hope he doesn't, but I felt like I have to say something.

copyright law is ever-so-slightly limited and allows some leniency, such as using 30 seconds OR 10% of a music clip is allowed.

My bad.

+

If Congress messes with Facebook and Twitter, they can expect to be torn limb from limb by angry mobs of Americans. I wish Congress understood that.

+

Some members of Congress use Twitter themselves. If they don't get it at all and it were to pass, they'd work real hard to repeal it ASAP, I guarantee it.

I think that Google going down would be a huge issue. there are some people out there that don't use Facebook and Twitter (I know, right?!?), but probably use Google. that, and a lot of websites use Google Search widgets in-site as well. So it might not end as they had hoped

First the poorly designed NY Comic Con booth and now this :<

I wouldn't know about that mate, i am guessing sarcasm.

I was referring to the lack of showing they care for their most beloved franchise atm.

All those megaman fans are already rather disappointed with the lack of him in mvc3 and the cancellation of mml3.

and with finding out that the company supports a censored internet i'm thinking alot of fans will be mad.

but when a new phoenix wright comes out they wont hesitate to buy it so what does it matter.

"Guys, no one is buying our games anymore!"

"Hmmm, must be pirates. Can we send some ships into a harbor and blow them up?"

"Jesus, man, for the last time, not that kind of pirates."

"Suuuure, whatever you say."

"Oh for fuck's... OK, the point is, we need to do something that will protect our copyrighted material from being taken online. I heard about this bill they have in the US that might do the trick."

"Does anyone disagree with it?"

"Pretty much all the internet experts, tech companies, our entire consumer bass, our fans and about 80% of everyone else."

"BRILLIANT! Get our names on that right it, that will show them we mean business!"

"Guys, no one is buying our games anymore!"

"Hmmm, must be pirates. Can we send some ships into a harbor and blow them up?"

"Jesus, man, for the last time, not that kind of pirates."

"Suuuure, whatever you say."

"Oh for fuck's... OK, the point is, we need to do something that will protect our copyrighted material from being taken online. I heard about this bill they have in the US that might do the trick."

"Does anyone disagree with it?"

"Pretty much all the internet experts, tech companies, our entire consumer bass, our fans and about 80% of everyone else."

"BRILLIANT! Get our names on that right it, that will show them we mean business!"

i lol'd good sir :3

This is just Capcom's way of trying to shut me down and collect royalties from all my signatures featuring Jon Talbain and Felicia, as well as the recent cover for An OverClocked Christmas v.5.

They are tired of you using the character more than they are. Instead of C&D'ing you for using characters from an IP they are not using like Sega did, they are gonna go one step further to bring you down.

Is Capcom TRYING to go bankrupt?

I mean, really, every single thing they've done in the past several months has alienated their fanbase in some way, and now this?

EDIT: In response to your Phoenix Wright comment, psychowolf, they already said no more AA games would be released in America. I'm surprised he was even in UMvC3. but yeah, that's won't happen. If it were up to me, I'd fire ALL of CoJ's executive staff, since it's obvious they have no clue how to make their company profitable anymore. Which is kinda what companies are supposed to be... you know, profitable.

Which comes to about $15.45 after conversion...

Now, I'm not too good with the stock market... is that good or bad? :P

Hard to say, without knowing what their IPO (the original price of the stock when first placed on the market) was valued at, or without some reference points as to the value in past months/years. (If their IPO was $10/share, for instance, that's completely different than if it was $50/share. Same with the value of previous months.)

I'll see if I can look up price points from the last few years and get a feel for how they're doing... for curiosity's sake if nothing else. :-P