Breath of Fire I&II Project

Tuberz McGee

Breath of Fire I&II Album Project (Recruiting)

2u5zxv9.gif

Hey guys and gals! I'm not sure if you have ever heard or played Breath of Fire. It's Capcom's most successful traditional rpg to date but doesn't mean it's extremely well known. For me, the Breath of Fire series was my break into the rpg genre and still is one of my favorites, due to nostalgia and also to how unique it is. What I am aiming to do is to bring to light the wonderful themes that are present throughout the series. There are some unpolished masterpieces in each installment waiting to be heard to it's fullest potential!

I have taken the lead role of this project because Shinny Metal was unable to due to some unforeseen circumstances.

To start off I want to cover the first 2 games of the series. Before I was trying to take on every game and was struggling to find only a handful of tracks from each game because they all are really good. Thanks go to Xenon Odyssey and Dj Mokram for getting me a bit for focused. If this project gets a lot of attention and goes through to OCR then I can start to focus on Breath of Fire III-IV

Genre/style

I really want to see how people will interpret each theme and watch it transform so I don't want to make a general style. I'm greatly interested in hearing how this album could flesh out.

Though I would love this to be story based, and the tracks with italics are important tracks that I believe are beneficial to the story. Of course, if you have a varying opinion I would love to hear it.

Next to them are ideas for remixing style, of course that's also up for deviation.

Tracks

I grabbed all my favorites from each game and threw them in a list! Just because they are my favorite doesn't mean they are your favorite so you can always talk to me about songs you'd like to have included and songs that end up gaining no interest will be considered for being removed. Here's what I have come up with and of course...youtube links!

Breath of Fire I

+

~ Anorax

+

~Sixto

-

-

-

+

(Alan and Cerl) ~ShinnyMetal

+

~Amphibious

+

~Sixto

-Beginning of Battle (Battle 1) ~Tuberz McGee

-

-

(Boss Battle)

-

~jnWake

-

-

-

-

(Overworld 2)

-

-

+

~Sixto

-

-

+

(Battle 2)~Chernabogue

-

(DON'T LAUGH)

+

(Overworld 1) ~Brandon Strader

-

(Overworld 3)

-

+

~Guifrog

-

-

-

-

-

-

+

(Final Battle) ~DusK

-

-

-

(Really open for debate. It just needs to sound like the closing to a chapter. Preparing for the beginning of something new.)

Breath of Fire 1 Chiptune File

Breath of Fire II

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

+

~TheGuitahHeroe

-

+Critical Moment(Big Boss Battle) ~Sixto

-No-one Knows

+

(Overworld 1) ~Theory Of N

-Wanderer

-

(Battle 1)

-

-

-Creeping Shadow

+Clean Hit (Boss Battle 2) ~HoboKa

+

~Guifrog

+

(Boss Battle) ~Gario

+

~ilp0

-The Kingdom

+

~Tuberz McGee

-

+

~ Chuck Dietz

+

~Tuberz McGee

+

~Tuberz McGee, Anorax

-

-

(Overworld 2)

-

+

+ Please, God ~Tuberz McGee

-

-

-

(Final Battle)

-

-

(just need to be epic and grandiose. Maybe this one could be a collab?)

-

-

Breath of Fire 2 Chiptune File

If you wish to join, just send me or Bahamut a PM and we'll tee something up. Most probably, if you're not a posted mixer you'll have to send some form of WIP or Track to showcase your ability for this project.

Can't wait to get this all under control. :smile:

-Callum

Red Colour (Color if you're American) - Claimed Tracks (15)

Blue Colour - Claimed Tracks With WIPs Supplied (5)

Green Colour - Claimed Tracks with substantial WIP supplied (2)

Orange Colour - Finished Tracks (WAV's are Bold) (1)

BOF1: 11 Tracks - 1 Finished - 1 WIP Supplied

BOF2: 12 Tracks - 4 WIP Supplied - 2 Substantial WIP

Total Tracks Taken - 23

and now we gotta hunt down everyone and say that you've taken over and all that jazz

ALTHOUGH, I feel I must remind people that we have THREAD SIGNATURES right now!

W00T!

anyhoo, I have resized my signature images, and that means the old ones are up for grabs

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14724741/Signatures/Breath%20Of%20Fire/BoFprojectsigSten.png

BoFprojectsigSten.png

and

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14724741/Signatures/Breath%20Of%20Fire/BoFprojectsigryuSword.png

BoFprojectsigryuSword.png

Have fun

EDIT: Man I need to redo these. These are terrible. yuck

Also, smaller sizes can be made at request.

Oh man.... -_-

This is one of those soundtracks where I could see myself doing almost any of the tunes because they're all so great. And it helps that I've actually played this one.. although not finished it yet... :-( You could put me down for Breath of Fire (Overworld 1) and I could certainly do more in the future. But I can't start yet, or any time soon for that matter, I still haven't made tracks for many of the other albums recruiting like Paper Mario and Legend of Mana. :-x So if you can be patient with me then please count me in...

Though I think you should focus on Breath of Fire, and then do the second game later. Like how BadAss album has a "volume 2" and the FF5 album has a volume 2. Rather than tackle way too much at once I think that would be a better idea... Especially if you're able to get OCR Approval. Speaking of that... try to be very picky with the auditions! Make sure the music is OCR quality, or this will mean big problems for it in the future and you'd have to find an alternate place to release the album. Quality concerns are no laughing matter, there's a lot of great remix albums that wouldn't pass on OCR due to OCR's standards.. I'm just saying, be ultra vigilant about it...

Well, of course there's the quality issue.

I'm happy to meet that, and meet it well.

I'd be glad to have you on board. I'll put you down for the Overworld One of BOF 1.

I don't need WIPs or anything soon. And plus, you're a posted mixer.

I trust you can do something well with good time management. (Wily Remix Gauntlet proves this)

We already have three tracks taken for the second game though. So I'm not sure.

The original head of the project actually took it down from five games, which I thought was too much.

This is at least a little bearable.

And it would be unfair to kick them off if they've already put work into their track.

Of course this is all opinion. I think it's important to voice all opinions, get the general best choice.

I was the one chosen to run it.

Electrolisystem here is just a bit too helpful. :???:

I mean... we could try kicking off the BOF 2 stuff...

but both Electrolisystem and I have put in quite a bit of effort. For both our tracks.

Both of which are in a good WIP phase... we could.

But I'd really have to talk to Gario and Electro (Screw typing the whole name. Haha)

Gotta get their opinions and such too.

Do as you feel is best for the project. I really like the soundtrack, personally, and will get to it sometime, but right now I'm unable to commit to it, just yet, due to soon-to-be-released album tracks that I need to polish up.

If you want to open my track up in the meantime, though, I won't be offended or anything - after all, I haven't exactly put out for you, as of yet.

I'll await confirmation with Electro with if he's happy just givin' up the BOF 2 soundtrack.

I personally would like to keep the BOF 2 soundtrack, I think it's way too good.

But yeah, just letting you know that if your claim vanishes... it's not because of no WIP.

I'm not interested in WIP dates yet. Just gettin' tracks filled.

Once a few tracks are taken, THEN I'll probably issue a date. I dunno.

Also, if anyone needs collab work, I'm down for it.

If you guys are interested in collabs just tell me and I'll add it to the first post.

Got a few questions for ya Callum:

-is the project still dubbed The Dragon's Tale? If not, what the new concept?

-why open the whole BoF soundtrack but omit halt the tracks for BoFII?

-have you started recruiting pro-actively yet? (mixers list, invites, etc.)

Also, I'd like to point out that making such an album is a pretty long endeavor/commitment on the director's end.

Having sources claimed, finding a place to organize the project and motivating everyone to finish their tracks can be tough.

Not to mention all the administrative work going alongside the project to ensure it can be completed and released properly.

So I hope you're ready to get down to business and that it's not just distraction from studies for you. ;)

Best of luck man. :)

Got a few questions for ya Callum:

-is the project still dubbed The Dragon's Tale? If not, what the new concept?

-why open the whole BoF soundtrack but omit halt the tracks for BoFII?

-have you started recruiting pro-actively yet? (mixers list, invites, etc.)

Also, I'd like to point out that making such an album is a pretty long endeavor/commitment on the director's end.

Having sources claimed, finding a place to organize the project and motivating everyone to finish their tracks can be tough.

Not to mention all the administrative work going alongside the project to ensure it can be completed and released properly.

So I hope you're ready to get down to business and that it's not just distraction from studies for you. ;)

Best of luck man. :)

I'm not sure what Callum will say about this, but what I do know is that the current tracklist was copied right from the original list, in Brian's thread. I think he decided for only half (or so) of the BoFII tracklist, and either Callum didn't realize this, or he hasn't fixed it yet. He's a lazy dude sometimes :-P

As for the title. I'm keeping it open until later on in the project. Open for suggestions.

The music is the important part.

The reason that the entirety of the BOF 1 OST is available is because I spent an hour or so yesterday adding links to the tracks.

I haven't gotten around to BOF 2, I'll do that tonight probably.

I have been inviting people. A few have come back saying they want to take tracks if not now, then later.

In fact, I just got Chernabogue on Battle 2 of Breath of Fire 1. Looking forward to that.

It's a GREAT source. I'm kinda bummed that I can't do it. Haha

I'm ready to put in the time. Otherwise I'd just spend it all on Facebook and waste it. :smile:

Thanks for the good wishes man. I'm hoping this can go strong.

I've been advertising in several places.

And Brandon. No hard feelings about keeping the BOF 2 Soundtrack.

I would like to join the project. The only thing is I'm not a posted mixer. I can show you some work that I've done recently so you could decide if I'm or not ready to claim a track .
Send me a PM and we'll talk it over.

It'll depend on a few things. Whatever you can show me to prove you've got the touch is a must.

Check Rockos' Soundcloud Callum. He's good with the wub, if there's a track for that :-D

Checked out Rockos stuff.

Frackin' hell it's good. And I'm not even a fan of Dubstep.

He's got my approval. (Heh. Like I have authority)

Just waiting on a few people to select tracks at this point. Not just Rockos.

A few people lined up look pretty darn good.

I'll edit the BOF 2 OST to all be there.

It doesn't mean every track needs to be filled. It just means that navigating the OST is easier.

Frackin' hell it's good. And I'm not even a fan of Dubstep.

HELL YEAH

Which reminds me. I'll keep working on dubstep, then see if I can do something for this album. Maybe ambient/cinematic dubstep? (Interesting concept)

I'm sure me and Tuberz can discuss crazy-ass music combinations all day long, but that can be saved for later.