Breath of Fire I&II Project

Tuberz McGee

Chiptunes are raw music data. In this case, they have been cache dumped from the game cartridge itself.

WinAmp can open and browse chiptune files when you install OCR's ChipAmp (www.chipamp.org), and makes it easier to listen to old VG OST's than hunting down each video on youtube and then using a downloader.

Chipamp is a series of plugins that allow WinAmp to open and play these files, almost like a MIDI file. Chiptunes are instructions for a game console's sound chip. It tells the chip how to make the song, and these plugins emulate the soundchip.

Yo, can I do "Home Sweet Home" from BoF II? :D

Thanks a lot, Tuberz!

Most definitely. I would be overjoyed for that! Marking you down now! :razz:

EDIT: Dude. Just heard the first WIP you sent me as well... holy hell.

This motivates me SO much. I CRIDE MANLY TEERS LOL

It was really good. Can't wait to see where it goes next.

Just listened to the OST track for this and I can tell that it will be good. (I doubt Tuberz would float a version of your WIP my way :-))

I feel bad for double posting and all that...

But HoboKa has just taken Clean Hit from BOF 2.

It's a really cool track, so I personally can't WAIT to hear what he gives in! :razz:

Double post?

DOUBLE POST?!?

What, are you NUTS!?!?

haha, just kidding. This is good news. Welcome to the project KoboKa

Also, in the interest of mixing, what are the "easiest" or "simplest" melodies in the OST?

Seriously no offense intended whatsoever to anyone, but you really should focus more on having posted mixers join... no offense to Hoboka, he's been trying really hard to pass and I realize that. You could probably ask some of these people on the roster to collab with someone who is capable of passing if you're super serial about being OCR album.

Seriously no offense intended whatsoever to anyone, but you really should focus more on having posted mixers join... no offense to Hoboka, he's been trying really hard to pass and I realize that. You could probably ask some of these people on the roster to collab with someone who is capable of passing if you're super serial about being OCR album.

I want to make a smartass comment but I am in a really good mood that may be linked to sleep deprivation in some form or another.

maybe later, eh?

This is not a bad idea. For project completion in term of ocremix, the standard are high. This is why I didn't join right away. I'm still awaiting mixes to be judged. If this won't pass, it won't pass either in this project. Same for people who get involved in here.

The idea of collab is not bad and is very smart. It would help the guys that don't get posted but near to it, to see what's missing in their production.

Personnaly I would like to get involved. IF I can get some spare time I'll check it out to collab with someone already posted and then (WE) gonna claim something ^^.

I understand ENTIRELY.

I've been focusing the past few weeks on PM'ing posted mixers about joining.

Most have said that they're currently too busy but they'd love to take a track later on.

Plus, I believe there's a lot of talent outside of Posted Mixers. But hey, opinions an all that.

As for collabs, I'm happy for anyone to take a collab.

But I don't want to sort of have a blind date where I pin one new mixer with a posted mixer.

That could get weird, collabs should be engineered by their participants.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm trying my very best to get this going in any way.

If you have any ideas for how I could have a smoother process and ensure quality I'd LOVE to hear them.

But right now, I'm trying my very best with what expertise and experience that I have.

And don't get me wrong Brandon. I have A LOT of respect for you.

This is not a bad idea. For project completion in term of ocremix, the standard are high. This is why I didn't join right away. I'm still awaiting mixes to be judged. If this won't pass, it won't pass either in this project. Same for people who get involved in here.

The idea of collab is not bad and is very smart. It would help the guys that don't get posted but near to it, to see what's missing in their production.

Personnaly I would like to get involved. IF I can get some spare time I'll check it out to collab with someone already posted and then (WE) gonna claim something ^^.

how much work have you done with vocal dubstep Rockos?

problem here would be finding a song that would work with lyrics, then writing said lyrics, and everything else that has to be done...

how much work have you done with vocal dubstep Rockos?

problem here would be finding a song that would work with lyrics, then writing said lyrics, and everything else that has to be done...

Not that much. The vocals were already written by Death of Paris. I just remixed the whole song. That's it. No effort was put into vocals.

:-D lemme reiterate.

I meant from the BoF OST. Similar to what me and Callum did for You Will (or is it shall?) Live. (I'm not looking at the first post as I type, obviously)

Wow. Just got a WIP from HoboKa.

It's freakin' awesome. I can't wait to see what else he does with it!

You other guys can send me WIPs if you want.

But right now, it's the recruitment phase and I know that some of you have prior commitments.

ie. Brandon with the Wily Gauntlet thing.

I might start marking who has actually sent in a WIP though.

Just to show a bit of progress to anyone giving the tracklist a good 'ole view.

• 1 month later...

Well guys, I've had some good time to think about all this since I've recently moved to another country.

There are currently eleven tracks taken.

I think we should perhaps have fifteen tracks taken before issuing a primary WIP date.

What are your opinions on this?

I'm open to WIPs coming in earlier as some already have (Really good ones too).

But I understand that a lot of people have other commitments and will want to have more freedom.

Any thoughts? Just post 'em here.

• 1 month later...

I've been doing some stuff behind the scenes.

The unfortunate thing with holding a project for an obscure game is that sometimes people won't join.

Some people don't like to mix for games that they haven't played before.

and this is an obscure game.

So there's that unfortunate gap.

I want all of the battle themes taken at least. The core element of an RPG.

Then the next priority is probably story related tracks.

And then other ones from there. But surely, we will accumulate more people over time.

Hope everyone can bear the whole waiting aspect. I'm trying my best to.

I've been doing some stuff behind the scenes.

The unfortunate thing with holding a project for an obscure game is that sometimes people won't join.

Some people don't like to mix for games that they haven't played before.

and this is an obscure game.

So there's that unfortunate gap.

I want all of the battle themes taken at least. The core element of an RPG.

Then the next priority is probably story related tracks.

And then other ones from there. But surely, we will accumulate more people over time.

Hope everyone can bear the whole waiting aspect. I'm trying my best to.

I've been playing a bit of BoF II, although, I'll have to find the game again...

I'm going to see if I can get a feel for one of these songs and attempt a remix.