Breath of Fire I&II Project

Tuberz McGee

Yeah. I'll take one of the battle themes soon. I'll probably have a good portion of the tracks on this project.

But if we're attempting to get OCR approval (Which we ARE) we'll need to not only pick up our game.

But we'll need to pick up our presence in the community also.

Depending on our connections... they could waver between acceptance and denial.

who said breath of fire was obscure? who?!?

Yeah. Definitely wouldn't call a five parts role-playing saga which has seen a number of ports over the years obscure.

Treasure Hunter G, Rudras no Hihou, Landstalker, Feda, Light Crusader, Ogre Battle 64, Baten Kaitos, and such can be considered obscure.

Breath of Fire is a moderately successful RPG franchise, much like Fire Emblem, Suikoden or Disgaea. It's simply not Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

The reason why BoF is still deemed obscure here despite having 8 ReMixes, is because OCR is generally mainstream-focused.

Making albums for less popular games requires serious credentials and tremendous perseverance, even more so for newcomers.

I find it a bit sad that there isn't a consensus in place as part of OCR's mission to specifically help promote lesser known games.

If the big artists were to lend support to the more audacious projects, that'd be a great way to honor not just the popular tunes, but the VGM as a whole.

Although this proly won't happen anytime soon, I'm truly hoping this can be achieved someday. :)

We have news people! The incredible Chuck Dietz has taken a track!

Chuck Dietz.

Y'know?

That dude who supplied the awesome-tastic Infinity Mijinion mix for Maverick Rising!

A Giant and his Flea (Or something to that effect)

He's taken Dying Corpse and oh god can I not WAIT to hear what he comes up with.

This man has my eternal respect and now, my gratitude as well.

I ARE IS HAPPY TUBERZ

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Dude.

That's actually 'Clean Hit' from BOF 2. And HoboKa has claimed it. D:

Sorry man. I'd love for you to take a track though.

I'm thinking of claiming a few myself when I get a break from school.

Ugh.

This is still happening guys, it's just slowly chugging along.

Oy, I still have 2 work some more on that too! I need a refresher and/or some feedback on it, though before I start working on it again

I do agree, this project needs more love.

And I've realised, I'm a HOPELESS Project Head, I'll continue to help out and direct.

Though, I'm just atrocious at it. Haha <3

Thanks for bearing with my guys.

HoboKa as for your WIP. Phenomenal stuff, I love the direction it's heading in.

Er, I meant that I was gonna go and ask the OCR veterans lol - I already know that you dig it; but it helps to see you still like it :nicework:

I just did some culling of unnecessary themes, to allow for more thematic content.

I'll do some more in the near future probably. Just to make a more manageable workload.

Back when this started, I recommended Shinny focus on one game at a time, and see how it would go from there.

Now with claims on both, the best advice I could give would be to narrow it down to 10 or so tracks per game.

Keeping the claims you have and going for a total of 20 or more tracks, limiting the content to a single disc.

Unless you're a veteran and can rally the whole community, a multi-disc project simply isn't realistic.

Even more so when tackling a more obscure title with limited following such as Breath of Fire.

Then again, if you've got a lot of time, patience and motivation, you could still give it a shot.

My 2 cents. :wink:

• 1 month later...