Breath of Fire I&II Project

Tuberz McGee

I just played Breath of Fire for the past couple of days & beat it - it's a shorter game than I remember. Then again, there are moments where you can become totally cheap with the side exploration...and I totally abused that. I'll probably start Breath of Fire II again sometime in the next couple of days - I have never beaten the game, as Barubary (sp?) totally destroyed me in the final dungeon.

For a SNES game though, Breath of Fire's soundtrack is surprisingly detailed.

This comes of as a bit sarcastic, considering the amount of legendary games (and soundtracks) on that console. :wink:

Perhaps I chose the wrong phrasing - the compositions themselves have more substance to them than a lot of SNES soundtracks overall. That in itself doesn't make it more memorable necessarily, but there is more to the melodies to work with since there is more to them.

Perhaps I chose the wrong phrasing - the compositions themselves have more substance to them than a lot of SNES soundtracks overall. That in itself doesn't make it more memorable necessarily, but there is more to the melodies to work with since there is more to them.

Agreed:

"More than Words" and "Decadence of God" were some of the best tracks of all time for the SNES imo. Oh and the track where Ryu is running towards Deathevn =p

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If you fellows don't mind, I'm going to give this thread a bit of a necro-bump.

Ok, done. Have a nice day!

Ok in all seriousness, I came back to this thread recently and I noticed that there isn't a list of people willing to offer their musical talents to arrangers. Did I simply miss that somewhere or do we really not have anyone willing to blow their own horns?

Also, in the interest of time, Tuberz check your PMs.

• 3 months later...

Hello all!

I'm happy to announce that I will be taking over the production of this album, with the permission of Tuberz! Now, I won't do everything from scratch, I'm going to pick up where he left off. If you have supplied a WAV to Tuberz, please email/pm them to me. As of now, this album is completely revived. There won't be a deadline, for now.

Hopefully, we can pull this out of the ground!

Hrrrmmm... my gut feeling is to drop and run and follow my dear Tuberz to his certain death, but I think I'll hold on to the claim for now, at least until I see how you handle the deadline and WIP date situations :-)

Also I strongly feel that the tracklist should be smallened to the first game. Then if it's successful, move on to game 2, 3, etc, but don't put your scope too high. I think that's why the album isn't making progress and is hopping from director to director like a hot potato. :-P Gotta make it manageable, and that means starting small.

Also I strongly feel that the tracklist should be smallened to the first game. Then if it's successful, move on to game 2, 3, etc, but don't put your scope too high. I think that's why the album isn't making progress and is hopping from director to director like a hot potato. :-P Gotta make it manageable, and that means starting small.

Looking back at the track list again, I completely agree. As much as I hate to drop claimed tracks, two games would be extremely difficult. So, as of now, this album will consist of Breath of Fire 1.

Just so we don't have to go back to the first post again, I'll repost that part here.

Breath of Fire I

+

~ Anorax

+

~Sixto

-

-

-

+

(Alan and Cerl) ~ShinnyMetal

+

~Amphibious

+

~Sixto

-Beginning of Battle (Battle 1) ~Tuberz McGee

-

-

(Boss Battle)

-

~jnWake

-

-

-

-

(Overworld 2)

-

-

+

~Sixto

-

-

+

(Battle 2)~Chernabogue

-

(DON'T LAUGH)

+

(Overworld 1) ~Brandon Strader

-

(Overworld 3)

-

+

~Guifrog

-

-

-

-

-

-

+

(Final Battle) ~DusK

-

-

-

(Really open for debate. It just needs to sound like the closing to a chapter. Preparing for the beginning of something new.)

Breath of Fire 1 Chiptune File

Red Colour (Color if you're American) - Claimed Tracks (10)

Blue Colour - Claimed Tracks With WIPs Supplied (1)

Green Colour - Claimed Tracks with substantial WIP supplied (0)

Orange Colour - Finished Tracks (WAV's are Bold) (1)

Let's aim for 15 tracks total, and see what happens from there. If needed, I'll repost this as a new thread.

Also, Album titles, any one? If I can get one, expect to see a new thread.

Damn, go ahead and remove my WIP status from my claim, because I'm pretty sure I've lost that project file in a hard drive failure. I'll just start all over then with that one.

to clarify, I'm still claiming it, but there's no WIP to go with it right now

too bad we're cutting it down to one game though, as I've got a rather decent track in the works for Deathevan's track from BoFII... I'll just hold onto it until we get to the second album then!

Edited by Anorax

Touchstone, I think you should contact a moderator to give you control of the first post, so you can update it (it might mean locking this thread and starting another). Good luck with the restart!

Technically, they can't. I've seen a thread takeover elsewhere where the thread was modified to have an OP from someone else, but there needs to be an existing post somewhere on the forums that's older than the OP. The moderator can then move said post into the thread.

Seeing as Touchstone's only been here since this year, I dare say a completely new thread will be needed.