OCR01368 - Bust a Groove "Bust This Groove '81"

djpretzel

It's been like 7 years since I've heard the original. I am deeply impressed with this remix. The original was one of my favorite songs in the world at the time I heard it. This has really made my day right here.

I can't find anything actually wrong with this piece. This song is excellent all the way through.

This mix is the new must-have-song on OCR! The mixers comments about this mix are completly modest. Not only did the vocal work turn out great, but its one of OCR's best vocal work in my opinion. I hope to hear more of some of her vocals in the future. You also added your own verse too, and thats a big challenge! Keep up the AMAZING work!

Judge said: "First off, I'm gonna have to agree with "some people" in finding the key change... not necessarily jarring per se, but a sticking point, and not as smoothstuffs as the rest of the mix"

I just have to say that's a ridiculous comment. There is pleny of music which implements key changes in exactaly that same fashion..and it sounds great, as does this key change. it was necessary. take it away and the would sound droneish. so =P

Judge said: "First off, I'm gonna have to agree with "some people" in finding the key change... not necessarily jarring per se, but a sticking point, and not as smoothstuffs as the rest of the mix"

I just have to say that's a ridiculous comment. There is pleny of music which implements key changes in exactaly that same fashion..and it sounds great, as does this key change. it was necessary. take it away and the would sound droneish. so =P

I was listening to it again (ok, not just once, all the time really), and I think that the key change could have benefitted by perhaps a reverse cymbal shimmering through the empty measure, or even some kind of effect like was implemented in sgx's "4FT3R M3". The way it happened in this one was like the song ended, and then started up again in a new key.

Still lovin' it though.

• 1 month later...

wow, the production on this is indeed insane! The high end sparkes and the disco drums really hit it off well with the synths! Love the vocals and the likes!!! Great job!

The part where the male vocal comes in it is a little off tune, but thats ok, I can live with this!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree with all of the above. The key change was jarring the first time but after listening to the song on repeat a few times, it didn't detract from the overall experience once I knew it was coming.

If ten more disco mixes hit the site simultaneously I wouldn't complain one bit. MORE DISCO.

• 2 months later...

Months later, this mix is still amazing. I'd go so far as to say it's possibly one of the best songs this site has to offer. The vocals are amazing and sit perfectly, the track production is authentic and catchy...there's little to hate about this song.

I'm waiting for more from Robby (that Eurobeat mix was sounding hot)...he's definitely one of the few mixers I look forward to hearing MUCH more from.

PARTY! PARTY! Actually, this would also be good material for the next release of DDR. Yup, Kitty-N's theme was my favorite from the game. And this mix gives it an awesome twist. It's so uplifting from the very beginning, like how the intro just draws you in. So ya, keep it up!

• 8 months later...

The only thing that could cause one to not enjoy this song is the fact that the vocalist is naturally sharp or flat of the instrumentation (I'm not sure which, but I'm going to guess sharp), but for the most part, it does little to detract from the overall quality of the song. The key change is the very standard whole tone up, so nothing out of the ordinary there, though it is a little sudden. Of course, the song just makes me want to dance. The world needs more Bust a Groove remixes.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I stumbled upon this site by accident, but was pleasantly surprised. Immediately, I searched for my all time favorite game, Bust a groove. When I saw that there was a remix to Blue Knife dream, i screamed. As i listened to the song, i was taken away back to the first time i heard this song in the game back in 98'. your cousin's voice superbly portrays the feeling of the song, and i REALLY like the extra verse you added. I was singing along the whole time. By the end of the song, i tears had welled up in my eyes from nostalgia. I just had to let you know how great this was for me. It probably didnt mean that much to you, but this song touched me. It could actually be right from the OST of Bust a groove. I hope you do more bust a groove songs in the future.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01368 - Bust a Groove "Bust This Groove '81"