UPDATED! YouTube Account RESTORED!

djpretzel

I doubt people would report it just to be mean.

Have you been on the internet long? History has shown people will do all kinds of outrageously awful things with the mask of anonymity just because they can. The internet has been the playground for that kind of behavior for two decades and running.

Could be any kind of combination of company employees, copyright sphincters, scorned submitters, dickheads, proletariat, occupy OCR protesters, debt consolidators, out-of-work lead saxophone players from 1985, sentient human embryos, imprisoned Nigerian royalty, desperate housewives, juggalos and Bill Watterson making things a mess for us.

These people exist, and they are threatening OCR's way of life.

hi, sorry that i post into this thread so late, but i'd like to say something about this. i know that channels that have no connection to vgm, ocremix, remixers or cover channels get friendship invites from ocremix. so, do you guys go around youtube searching for random channels and just send them invites? that looks rather like a bot or crawler system that's doing that, there are systems that extract channel names and then send them invites, and those are prohibited by the youtube terms of use. i guess they changed some stuff and the invite send frequency that worked fine for a long time was over the new threshold and that triggered a ban. but yeah i am just speculating here. i would still be interested what motivates you to send friendship invitations all across youtube, even to channels that are completely unrelated to vgm.

anyway, many greetings

hi, sorry that i post into this thread so late, but i'd like to say something about this. i know that channels that have no connection to vgm, ocremix, remixers or cover channels get friendship invites from ocremix. so, do you guys go around youtube searching for random channels and just send them invites? that looks rather like a bot or crawler system that's doing that, there are systems that extract channel names and then send them invites, and those are prohibited by the youtube terms of use. i guess they changed some stuff and the invite send frequency that worked fine for a long time was over the new threshold and that triggered a ban. but yeah i am just speculating here. i would still be interested what motivates you to send friendship invitations all across youtube, even to channels that are completely unrelated to vgm.

anyway, many greetings

That's all wrong and speculative. You're even allowed to use automated systems in a way that doesn't exceed what a human can do, and aren't used to otherwise violate other aspects of the Terms of Service.

You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers," that accesses the Service in a manner that sends more request messages to the YouTube servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser.

As far as who we send friend invites to, it's people who have commented on several years' worth OC ReMix videos not uploaded by us, VGM fans, and gamers, not random people. Some people don't care enough about OC ReMixes or game music, don't know us by name, or are extremely private about friend invites, even though they've liked OCR or VGM fan videos, so that's bound to happen. For example, with 25YEARLEGEND out, we're sending friend invites to Zelda music fans, because they're more likely to give the album a chance. I'd like to think that makes sense.

That said, friend invites had nothing to do with the suspension, and we only send bulletins about music and community news. We only send private messages to individual users, and don't do video sharing.

What we were told by people who were able to look a little more into it was that our account got suspended after a "false positive" report about our video content. That also explains why a couple of days after the account was restored, we had a single video taken down for the exact same spam/scam/deceptive commercial content reasoning (

). We immediately appealed that and had it restored in a couple of days as well.

My hunch (and it's only a hunch) is that someone on YouTube reported a ton of our videos at once and the sum total of that led to an immediate suspension by way of their automated system. Again, that's a guess, but that all I can infer based on the later video takedown right after the suspension.

The Twitter campaign idea we got from @Problogger's own channel takedown also helped a lot in showing that we had a fanbase that could vouch for the videos being music and nothing spammy, scammy or commercially deceptive. We aren't advertising "making money from working at home," or anything remotely like that.

There are also at least 3 people at Google who are OCR fans who helped us immensely with addressing the improper takedown, and making sure our appeals didn't fall on deaf ears at YouTube. THANK YOU, Googlers (AND MAGFest for the additional help)!

I saw this comment on the kotaku article about BadAss and thought it seemed relevant to the discussion of how OCR could possibly be flagged on Youtube for "spam, scams, or deceptive content"

All of the newer stuff strikes me as completely misleading. If there's a remix of something, chances are it'll only contain fifteen to thirty seconds of the original song while the rest is completely new and unrelated.

This boss album largely doesn't do that, which I appreciate, but just about every other remix on the site does.

I'm just posting this to get your opinion on it, I'm not saying it's true or false or forming any kind of personal opinion on it in any way. :-P

Here are some other comments:

ugh, drum machines
Too much final fantasy.
aaarrrgh...the torrent file has no seeds currently!!! (>_<)
WoW, Too many Nobuo Uematsu!!!

Totally deserved!!! he is the BEST!!