OCRA-0004 - Kirby's Adventure: Rise of the Star

I didn't realize that I was downloading 2 versions of each file until I was about halfway done... and then I promptly stopped downloading the remaining MP3 downloads. But I did download all of a few MP3s...

Which is why I noticed this. The tags for the FLAC versions are messed up. It has Desktop as the artist for every song. This isn't intentional I don't think. ;) But regardless, I'm going to be making vorbis files out of the FLAC anyways, and just deleting the FLAC. I'll correct the tags by hand in that process.

But I just thought I would give you a heads up. I'm sure that people other than me share distaste for MP3. And it would be nice if the FLAC files were properly tagged.

That was an error on my part, actually; I thought I had them tagged with the proper artist names. Apparently it didn't save. :(

Nice work, everyone! I love (nearly...) everything I've listened to so far. DS, I love what you did with Aviator Soul--the original was absolutely beautiful, my fave song from the game, and your interpretation makes it even more...magical. It's awesome. Very, very, epic feeling to it.

I'd just like to throw a celebratory WTF at DarkeSword for releasing the project on the day I left for Seattle for a week. :( Guess I'll have to wait until Friday before I can download the project.

kirby musik iz sexay... gud job 2 all

Dayum Rellik, your skills are off the chain now. 8)

Well, I was actually planning to post in this thread with an apology for my less-than-stellar addition to the project (you can't win em all, you know?) but I guess I won't now 8)! In all honesty I'm a little bit embarassed when I listen to my Kirby Project mix... it was a fairly long time ago, and it wasn't even up to par with my skills at THAT point in time. It's not I didn't put effort into it... it just... came out deformed. It's like Noah in the Grapes of Wrath... living in its own little world, strange, uncannily staring back at you with calm eyes... and the guilt for being responsible for the deformation of what should have been perfectly normal...

And now I must take some time to commend my fellow Kirby Project-ers. Of course DarkeSword deserves massive praise for being the leader of the entire project, as well as for his mixes - and to the mixers on the project, I think I've commented on most of them at some point or another, so I'll just reiterate that I really enjoyed most of them :D great work!

I'd just like to point out the incredible amount of stylistic variety on this album. Guitar, synth, orchestra... it's pretty much all there. Kudos to everyone that was involved in making this a success, and although I am a bit dissapointed that sir nuts and beatdrop were unable to join the fun, Shariq pulled through and showed versatility when tracks needed to be done.

Congrats on the release, everyone... and to the listeners: enjoy!

-chth

The pink one rides the star once again!!

To be honest, I've been a fan of Kirby since his early beginnings. Sure it may be cute & cartoony, but some games in the series were quite a treat. From the usual rush, to side-scrolling, and even teaming up with critters. It made the series very unique, might even say its an action rpg of sorts.

But nothing can stop the lil guy.

What to say about this OCR project? Just one word. Sweet. Sweet like cotton candy, the kind you enjoy during a fair. It just melts in your mouth, and you enjoy it till its done. Its like the ultimate sugar high, but with positive effects. And this collaboration is something to also chill out with.

Awesome job on this Kirby project!

No Superstar?

Missing one of the titles kind of defies the point of the project, but hey, the rest is great so I'll let it go ^^

This was only Kirby's Adventure on the NES. It wasn't meant to be all Kirby games.

No no... I'm right - I'll explain why. The point of this project was to have a different theme for every "title" kirby can achieve in the game, ie. "Water drop", "Great Ace", etc.

Well, when you get a 100% pass on the game you achieve the title "Hero of Lore" - however, that's not the final title. Once you achieve that title you unlock a new "extra mode" where kirby has half the health and there's no auto save, so you have to complete it in one sitting. If you successfully beat the extra mode you get a "100% PERFECT" rating, and Kirby's title becomes "Super Star" - the complete final title once you've beaten absolutely everything in the game.

I remember I mentioned this whilst the project was being worked on, too. DS said he planned to have a track for it, but I guess that never happened.

Ohwell.

Well, when you get a 100% pass on the game you achieve the title "Hero of Lore" - however, that's not the final title. Once you achieve that title you unlock a new "extra mode" where kirby has half the health and there's no auto save, so you have to complete it in one sitting. If you successfully beat the extra mode you get a "100% PERFECT" rating, and Kirby's title becomes "Super Star" - the complete final title once you've beaten absolutely everything in the game.

I remember I mentioned this whilst the project was being worked on, too. DS said he planned to have a track for it, but I guess that never happened.

Ohwell.

This is the Kirby parade. You are the rain. ;)

Ohwell.

This is the Kirby parade. You are the rain. ;)

Hehehe, nice analogy... I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend or annoy anyone, I'm just curious as to why that title was kept out ^^;

Maybe it's because I'm the only person who was crazy enough to play the game that much and unlock it...

Anyways, doesn't matter! Like I said, the project is great and that's what matters. Awesome stuff :)