OCR Secret Santa - The PMs are out!

Bahamut

You and I both. It makes me feel fuzzy and warm to see that the person that receives the gift feels really greatful about what they've received. My emotions may vary from time to time depending on the situation, that's definitely no secret, but ultimately it provides a sense of fulfilment to know that the recepient is content with what they received.

I'll need to remember the frequency of late/missing santas though; online ones are completely new ones to me, so the more I know. :oops:

Late Santa's happen. And some people (like me) try to time gifts to show up the week of Christmas.

You could pretend they're Jewish, and have it delivered during Hanukkah (Dec 20th-28th).

I'm glad the person I gave it to enjoyed my gifts. I'm now willing to do more of these things more often.

Update: Gifts sent out yesterday!

Gifts will be mailed out Monday for sure, they should arrive in time for Christmas. I hope my recipient likes them!

I'm happy with my gift, I'll definitely do this again next year. If anyone is interested, I got a Barnes and Noble gift card and a couple of bars of chocolate. One 70% dark, my favorite :), the other milk.

Thanks to Abadoss, who sent me the most AWESOME Secret Santa GIFTS ever! I can't post any pics right now, but I got a separate poster for EVERY SINGLE MAIN CHARACTER on the tv show Firefly (which, coincidentally, is one of my top five favorite tv shows of all time!!!). They will hang proudly on my walls! Thanks, man!!!

Thanks to Abadoss, who sent me the most AWESOME Secret Santa GIFTS ever! I can't post any pics right now, but I got a separate poster for EVERY SINGLE MAIN CHARACTER on the tv show Firefly (which, coincidentally, is one of my top five favorite tv shows of all time!!!). They will hang proudly on my walls! Thanks, man!!!

You're welcome! Didn't know about it being one of your favorites, but I saw that and couldn't pass it up.

Yay got mine, some Bucky Balls! I'll post a pic later. Also to my Secret Santa sorry things have been a bit busy lately and I'll be shipping it out today or tomorrow. Hopefully You will get it by Christmas if not I'm sorry :(

Glad you like it, I was not sure what you wanted. But you seem to like them .GLHF

So it's taking a lot longer than I thought to get the one part of the present in, which means it likely won't get there by Christmas. That being said, if it doesn't arrive at least to my place by then so I can ship it, I'll send a consolation gift for the interim wait. My apologies ahead of time, I swear you didn't get a dead beat Santa.

Ours is on its way. We had initially ordered it a while ago and didn't check up on it. Only after ordering some stuff for ourselves recently did we see that the secret santa order vanished from our order history at a certain website. We had still been charged for it the entire time. Calling their customer support resulted in them pretty much telling us "sorry".

Our paypal still holds record of the transaction including order number, but the company says that the order number listed in paypal correlates to a previous unrelated order.

tl;dr - our gift is late because a certain website (where geeks think) decided to "lose" the order whilst still charging us. Only just found out about the error, so, that's the story.

Hello Secret Santa, so today was my last day of work until I come back after the holidays, and the address I gave was my work address. Therefore if you mailed something that's supposed to arrive between tomorrow and January 2, then I won't receive it until January 2. That's totally fine with me, no problem at all, but I wanted to let you know so that you wouldn't be wondering why I'm not posting about it and if I've received it yet, etc.

Also. This thread just makes me smile and gives me warm fuzzies with everyone posting how happy they are about the awesome gifts they've received .D Thanks once again Wes for organizing this, it's a very nice idea.