Lead Guitarist Available

Aster

Hey guys, I'm not too great at composing but if anyone wants any guitar parts laid down then I can meet that need.

I can play anything required at any style or level, I just like playing.

My experience is mostly comprised of covering weird and strange guitar music from the likes of bumblefoot and darren housholder to time requiem though mostly these days I am trying to imitate guthrie govan and andy james.

Anything you want done from ambient guitar to rock rythm or the doomsday or malicious fingers, I'll take it. :-)

Got some recorded examples of your playing style, do you?

I know a guy looking for some guitar work on an SD3 track, so I'm interested to hear how good you are.

I don't have too much on hand except covers of songs.

http://soundcloud.com/asterlius/1928-overture-cover

That's the only track I have with my new guitar, it sounds very different to my older recordings due to the active pickups and amp I have and represents the kind of sounds I would produce today with the equipment owned

The next track I feel shows off note inflections much better and ability to mimic very complex sequences.

It's a megadeth song and although the solo is long, it's not improvised but pre-written.

My guitar was not as good when this was made though, I also used a zoom g9.2tt instead of an amp.

http://soundcloud.com/asterlius/hangar-18-cover

• 1 month later...

If anyone else is looking for guitars on their projects, I'd be glad to fill in.

Now I've done a few tracks on the forums I think I've proven reliability so you know I wont accept a part then not deliver. Even did a track with 2 days notice over Yesterday and today inbetween parties so yeah, hit me up.

Even did a track with 2 days notice over Yesterday and today inbetween parties so yeah, hit me up.

This was not lack of planning though that's the way it ended up :)

I asked Aster to do a guitar track and I have to say it was EXTREMELY TIGHT. How tight? I ran my VST guitar along side his rhythm guitar playing and it never fell out of time!

I'd recommend Aster if I didn't want to bogart his playing for myself!

This was not lack of planning though that's the way it ended up :)

I asked Aster to do a guitar track and I have to say it was EXTREMELY TIGHT. How tight? I ran my VST guitar along side his rhythm guitar playing and it never fell out of time!

I'd recommend Aster if I didn't want to bogart his playing for myself!

Can you write solos, Aster? Let's say I sent you a bit of a song that I needed a sick solo on. Could you do that and send me a WAV of your guitar track back?

Yeah but you'd have to be a bit descriptive of the structure required in the solo like any thematic ideas you'd want included, how much you'd like to be solid basic playing vs more technical/fast stuff, any descriptive information would really be beneficial

Composing music is very subjective and it wouldn't be sensible to play something that's out of character with what's desired.

Even if you'd recommend a guitarist/song that you like the solo from that would result in something more likely to your tastes.

I've also had a request from a pianist who just wanted me to straight up replicate his lead part he improvised, that might be a good idea if you're a keyboard player but try not to go higher than the pitch of the high D on a guitar

Some of you have been requesting samples of the tracks I've been collaborating on.

Thanks to PabloComa for giving me permission to link a track we've been working on, I really enjoyed playing in this track and some of the work has been pretty interesting to interpret.

Here's the WIP:

http://soundcloud.com/asterlius/ffvii-aerith-theme

There's a lot going on in the track and it would be perfect to show the work you can expect.

I'm playing the bass, rhythm and melody tracks. Here is a link to the isolated stems.

http://soundcloud.com/asterlius/aerith-guitars

I'm working on a bunch of tracks at the moment and any current requests wont begin until next week.

Although it might seem logical that guitar parts should only take an hour or so to lay down, the records I've been taking show that some projects take above 20 hours of work.

Transcribing, practicing, setting up, amping, tracking then post production editing

..all the DAW macguffins, rendering/processing etc all adds up big time considering I'm using a computer that's about as fast as a russian space heater lol

Seriously, it takes 30 minutes to just load up projects I've been doing. Just to open the files. :lmassoff:

God, I miss my 2600k beast machine.