OCRA-0029 - 25YEARLEGEND: A Legend of Zelda Indie Game Composer Tribute

Liontamer

25YEARLEGEND was started as a small indie session, but quickly grew into a massive project with the help of all the indie artists involved. Each featured composer has worked on a notable project in the indie game community while being influenced by the music of Zelda some time in their lives. Hopefully this project will make the 25th anniversary of Zelda that much more enjoyable!

- Roger Hicks (Rekcahdam)

Wow. I just absolutely love this album. Two pieces from Link's Awakening, one of them Ballad Of The Wind Fish, finally in a song variation. Amazing.

Some noteworthy songs: ALL OF THEM!!!

I never expected a dance version of "Calling The Four Giants," but it's well done. "Link's Final Battle" is a little tragic after reading the description, but luckily in Zelda II there's a life system, so he'll be back to kick some a$$. Temple of Seasons may be repetitive, but it is well done, short, and catchy so I'm impressed.

Closing the entire album, "Zelda's Graceful Nightmare" is one piece of work. Like "Calling The Four Giants" I'd never expect a metal mix of Gohdan, but it works and it works WELL. Fitting that it's the longest piece, it flows well from song to song, leading to the true nightmare at the end. So many sound takes all jumbled up together, and Ganondorf's final laugh...I'm going to have graceful nightmares from here on in.

I love the album, very well done to all of you, and here's to another 25 years of happiness :)

What a list of contributors! This is definitely something different (and amazing) for OCR.

This album is so unique and varied. There's massive amounts of creativity on show here. I had a blast listening to it!

The only think I'm not a fan of is the mastering on several of these tracks! Audible clipping isn't fun. Did one person do mastering across the whole album, or is it just the loudness war taking its toll?

This album is so unique and varied. There's massive amounts of creativity on show here. I had a blast listening to it!

The only think I'm not a fan of is the mastering on several of these tracks! Audible clipping isn't fun. Did one person do mastering across the whole album, or is it just the loudness war taking its toll?

I thought the mastering sounded weird on some tracks, too.

Particularly on Last dance of the giants, where all the other instruments lose volume at every bass thump, it was just annoying by the end of the song.

I don't want to sound unappreciative, though, a lot of work went into this and it's a great album overall. Thanks!

Gameboy here, host of The Arcade on 91.1 KLSU FM. I just wanted to personally thank you guys for everything, but especially for releasing your 25YearLegend OC ReMix album in time for the 25th Zelda Anniversary.

In honor of the anniversary, this Saturday's show (3-5pm Eastern) is gonna be all Zelda. With the official Nintendo 25th Anniversary album, your 25th anniversary album, Threshold of a Dream and all those crazy Zelda OC ReMix's you guys have amassed over the years - filling two hours with nothing but Zelda music is gonna be a breeze. Stream it live from the KLSU homepage:

http://www.klsuradio.fm

I have been playing your stuff on my show for almost a year now but until recently I've been pretty quite about it. Now that I'm serious about social media, prepare to hear more from me soon.

okay, so I really haven't listened to this until just now, but damn, this is really a great album. 'Hey, Listen' is probably my new favorite anosou mix... some ridiculous source integration going on in there. also loved 'Thunderstruck', 'Labyrinth of Dance Floors', and Ballad of the Wind Fish (loved the vocal).. really great, exploratory arrangements that do something totally new with the sources.

kudos, nice work, and congrats to everyone involved.

• 2 months later...