OCR02328 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Thunderstruck"

djpretzel

This is freaking amazing! As soon as I heard the first ten seconds, I knew I was going to love this. You even threw in a "hey, listen" without it being annoying. Then some rain SFX and the guitars rip it open furiously. The drums were great and I loved the violin. 1:42 to 2:09 was simply awesome beyond words. Ending with a bit of chip, just as it started and using the rain and thunder SFX was terrific. Simply, this belongs in the music genre of "badass". Recommended and my personal favorite ReMix of the last few months.

Wow. A while back, I'd commended the artists of "The Nemesis Schema" for seamlessly combining a harder rock sound with smooth jazz. This is...well, it's taking that idea to *Incoming Cliche*...

The Next Level.

...this is glorious for being an treat in so many unexpected ways. I'll continue checking out the next new songs. However, if this is any indication of where things are going, I am very impressed. Good show. :)

indie game composer?

What does that even mean? Is that like the t-shirt in No More Heroes that said ''Underground alternative mainstream punk rock pop star''?

I know, I know, but this is really bugging me.

It means "someone who writes/has written music for a game that was created by a person/company that was not funded by a publisher" :)

Personal favourite from the album.

I'm not a big fan of the zelda series but i love the song of storms

The chip tunes were a great hook.

Then the thunder starts and this remix becomes truly badass

the violin with the chiptune in the background was a great idea pulled off really well.

This is gonna stay on my mp3 for all time, its that good.

Well done guys :D

This song is pretty damn sweet - my first reaction was "Jimmy does chiptunes?" The song melds the chiptunes in well for an interesting combination of relaxation but the upbeat pace that the Song of Storms melody brings. It's hard for me to explain why it works well...what a great approach Jimmy and Jeff brought to this song.

First time I heard this, I thought it was a pretty good mix. Then I listened to it again and wondered what I was hearing the first time. The violin plain rocks, and the combination of chiptune, rain/thunder, and upbeat tempo works wonders = Chiptune with depth and emotion?...Spectacular.

Round and round this song goes, when i will stop listening to it...nobody knows. Weather it be now or never, only the clouds will tell when all of them come together. Song of Storms will live forever, never dying nor being forgotten. This is the true essence of the Song of Storms and shall we not forget it.

After listening to Imposter Nostalgia it gets a little difficult listening to the borrowed part. I listen to it and expect to hear the wrong song!

Other than that little minor tiny thing, this mix is a blast! When you said live violin's make such a difference Jimmy you were right. Solid mix!

After listening to Imposter Nostalgia it gets a little difficult listening to the borrowed part. I listen to it and expect to hear the wrong song!

on the contrary, i find that sample to be fitting, well executed, and generally awesome (though i may be a little biased, as "fight the current" happens to be my favorite Impostor Nostalgia track)

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02328 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Thunderstruck"