FF11&DKC2 Remix - Memoro de la Stono + Mining Melancholy [WIP]

Lampje4life

Final Version

Hey OCR!

A friend of mine has helped me to get the hang of a few tricks and what's better than testing it with a brandnew Remix?

This time I've used two sources, from Final Fantasy XI Online and Donkey Kong Country 2.

FFXI Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=homnNc0HL-s

DKC2 Source:

Remixed into an uplifting Trancy mix, I present you a WIP of "Memoro de la Miño".

Remix link here: http://tindeck.com/listen/pmfc

I'm still trying to get some mastering done, but don't expect too much of it since I really suck at it. So yeah, constructive feedback is VERY welcome!

Enjoy!

Hi!

I really enjoyed hearing this mix. I especially liked the way you handle Mining Melancholy, my favorite part of your remix.

The thing that bothers me is the kick, it feels way too intense and can be distracting at times. Also, a few of those pads sounded slightly too high.

As for mastering, I'm even more of a newb at it than you, so maybe someone else can give advice on that.

I agree; compress the kick for a better sound perhaps.

The ending comes a little soon

Everything else sounds good for the most part, good samples and layering of synths. Jealous :P

Once the kick gets down (really only in the parts where there's nothing else going on), i could see this posted.

but i'm not a judge so that comment doesn't matter

• 5 weeks later...

I've never heard anything from FFXI, so I'm just going in ignorant on that one and considering anything that's not DKC in here an improvisation, since even hearing the source I'll have no attachment to it anyways. Not sure why I brought this up, just broadcasting that it sounds great even if one's not familiar with one half. I'd be in no way disappointed getting this off the front page.

Yeah this is pretty damn awesome! Absolutely LOVE the Mining Melancholy breakdown, but I reckon you could make that melody/arp part last a couple more bars before the kick comes back in, and maybe get in the main mining melancholy melody momentarily.

Also try changing up the synths a little - they do get a little boring towards the end. Try filtering in a really thick saw, you know what I'm talking about. Classic trance style. You'll get a really euphoric ending that way. Solid stuff right here though, great work!

This is sounding really nice! I also feel the kick is a bit strong. Try cloning that kick, putting a Low Pass filter on one, a Low Shelf filter on the other, and lowering the frequency on both to maybe about 200 Hz.

I partially agree with DarkSim. A thick saw coming in would be quite effective, but maybe you could additionally adjust its resonance so that it won't be so piercing. Maybe some vibrato on the saw would be really cool too.