Psychedelic Sultan

Zach

So here's an oldie. I actually composed this track about 7 or so years ago when I was an 8th grader just starting to learn guitar. I think this might actually be my first ever composition. Anyway, I rediscovered it as an old tab the other day and thought "Lets give it a proper recording." So here it is, "Psychedelic Sultan". Please, tell me what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/zachgreen/psychedelic-sultan

I remember my first composition...it was a rock song I wrote on Valentine's Day many moons ago.

Anyway, if this is based of a riff from your first ever composition, I'd say it's pretty good! Definitely has some of that Middle Eastern feel I love. It could benefit from a bass line and some more harmony, melodies etc. Just flesh it out more. Maybe some of those sexy female Arabian voices. Prince of Persia style! Actually, I saw there's this new sample CD out called "Arabic Vibez". I'm not big on such CDs, but I'll bet you could find some sexy vocals on that!

Interesting idea and it's got some pretty sweet grooves. It's kinda like funk meets Arabia. See what you can do to expand upon it!

Haha, thanks. To be honest, I tried to fit a bass line in there, but I just couldnt get it to fit in the mix without being too muddy. :\

So instead of having a cool bassline, I decided to focus more of percussion and drums. Personally, I think it worked, but we all have our own opinions.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated!