[RECRUITING! Next Check-In: Jan. 29th! 8 songs unclaimed!] Jigsaw Memories: A B-K Series Album

Kirvee

@Rozo: Thank you!

I still want to do all three games, but like I said, I intentionally kept some levels out. I guess technically I could include the level songs from Tooie that I left out, but I'd rather not unless there's someone who wanted to make a featured track using one of the songs. And I know not everyone liked N&B, which is why that section is smaller than the other two.

Oh...does it? O__o I just had it up there to show optional stuff...lol. How "later" do you recommend I bring it up?

@Nonamer: dvdfkjbvfjdkbkjfvndfvk that is awesome omg thank you! ;A; *adds it to the first post*

=D

I went and edited the first post a bit. Some of the music sources for Tooie that I had went to bad rips that had background noises so I went and fixed those with links to better source tracks.

I also went and re-did the N&B section of the album, since before there wasn't really any levels so I went back and found some other level tracks from that game to include and moved two of the songs I'd originally had in that list to the Bonus list since they weren't level songs.

We should only mix together songs that would go well together and you can't judge that just because there are "portions of old songs" in them.

Jiggosseum and Hailfire Peaks, for example, do not mesh well together. They both have completely different feels, so a mix of them would sound disastrous.

Some levels aren't going to be on the featured list. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that. Grunty Industries isn't there because I didn't like that song, for the same reason the final battle of Tooie isn't there either. Most of the levels are included, that's good enough.

I do agree with Terrarium of Terror and MMM being a good song mesh, though. Since they both have eerie feelings associated with them....except Terrarium of Terror was a space-themed world, so....MMM In Space? XDD

@Rozo: Thank you!

I just had it up there to show optional stuff...lol. How "later" do you recommend I bring it up?

Once you have some track progress to show (ie finished or near-finished tracks, we tend to mark those with another color to show how far along the project is), you can stuff the side tracks further down in the post. From what I can tell, ppl who love a game and its music will know and/or find the songs they wanna do anyway, and ppl who aren't familiar with the music should probably focus on the must-have tracks rather than the ones not in the primary scope of the project. It's all about how you wanna run the project and what you wanna focus on.

Here's how I would do it - example, not necessarily a suggestion:

Basic project info, name, scope, timeline, style, welcome, basic stuff

Main tracklist with the must-have tracks, youtube links and remixer claims, colored according to progress

Further project info, including that ppl can remix whatever tracks they want once they've done one of the must-have tracks; also stuff like deadlines, more details than the basic project info

If I'd list the optional tracks, I'd do it somewhere down here

Something goes here too, maybe contact info or specific skills wanted (ie vocalist, guitar, art, mastering...)

Do note that you can' run a project in the R&C forum, tho you can probably ask to have the thread moved to Post Remixes once you're made some progress and need to use the thread for more administration and less recruitment.

@Rozo: Aah, I think I kinda re-organized the first post like that...but I see =).

Oh...really? O_o Thank you for telling me. I'd read that somewhere but it didn't really make sense to me...but I'll keep it in mind. We're still recruiting for this, though, so we should be good, right? I'll probably ask an admin to move the thread when we have enough remixers for the project. Right now we kinda only have 1, lol.

Jiggosseum and Hailfire Peaks, for example, do not mesh well together. They both have completely different feels, so a mix of them would sound disastrous.

If you would even listen to the entire Jiggosseum track, you'd realize that it meshes perfectly with HFP. I didn't pull those song combinations out of my ass, ya know. ToT does in fact contain portions of MMM. :V

Some levels aren't going to be on the featured list. I don't know how many times I have to repeat that. Grunty Industries isn't there because I didn't like that song, for the same reason the final battle of Tooie isn't there either. Most of the levels are included, that's good enough.

I find that to be a ridiculous reason. This should be a community effort, not your personal request. Then again, I could be completely missing the point. In that case I'd kind of rather not be apart of this. :V

I feel like I'm disagreeing with you a lot. I don't mean to offend, I do like you. d:

I find that to be a ridiculous reason. This should be a community effort, not your personal request. Then again, I could be completely missing the point. In that case I'd kind of rather not be apart of this. :V

I feel like I'm disagreeing with you a lot. I don't mean to offend, I do like you. d:

I think the only point here for contributors is remixing tracks we like and having fun in the process, and nothing else ^_^

@Soul: Oooh that's a nice name (and also I see what you did there), XDD.

I was kind of wondering what to call this album...I was kind of thinking of "Banjo-Kazooie: Tales of a Bear and Bird"....but then again I am infinitely horrible when it comes to titles.

@Ancestor: I don't know why but for some reason I can never not laugh when I read that, XDD. (That's a good thing, btw)

Your suggestion just made me think of more titles, lol.

"Banjo-Kazooie: Jigsaw Adventures"

"Banjo-Kazooie: Portraits of Adventure"

I think when it comes to titles, for this kind of album it's be better if a title reflected the concept, which is a tribute of the journey they took and their constant struggle with Gruntilda.

I'm not sure how to show that in minced words, though...

@Fayt: Huh....I....actually didn't know that song existed, lol. The only beta music I knew about was Advent (which is on the Bonus List).

There's nothing prohibiting you from doing it if you want it, it just can't be a main song cuz it's not a song that was in the final game. But if you wanted to make something like a bonus album track exclusively with it or mix it into one of the main/featured songs on the album, you're free to do that if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
*bump*

I don't know how to advertise or recruit people....surely there are other interested people, yeah? =(

Posting now so I don't forget later. I'm interested, myself, I just need to give a listen to some songs to see if there's one that tickles my fancy and would be good to remix. I was playing through some of Banjo Kazooie recently, but I've forgotten some of the music from it and Tooie. I will surely decide soon.