[RECRUITING! Next Check-In: Jan. 29th! 8 songs unclaimed!] Jigsaw Memories: A B-K Series Album

Kirvee

@chroxic: \o/

Awesome! We still don't have any set deadlines apart from the tentative one for those who want to get started, so yeah.

Hopefully we'll get a few more people from that...I really don't want to have to push songs on people who don't want them.

• 2 weeks later...

So I was thinking, since half of the main track songs are claimed with only 13 left unclaimed, I think maybe it's about time for some simple deadlines? Just so the people who have claimed tracks don't have to sit around waiting for much longer.

The temporary WIP deadline is still June this year, but between now and then I was thinking of setting up check-in dates where I poke each and every one of you to inquire on your song status.

Some of you have progress I know of atm while some I don't know the status of, so this is probably a good idea (plus I see other projects have these kinds of dates).

Since there's about 4 months of time to have a WIP done (I'm thinking the specific date in June would be somewhere in the middle of the month), I was thinking of having 3 different check-in dates between now and then.

The first one would be March 28th.

Second one would be April 25th.

And the third one would be May 23rd before the first WIP deadline would be somewhere on a TBD day in the week of June 10th (I'll obviously update when I figure out a good day).

Does this sound like a good plan to everyone else? Do these dates work?

March is possible for me, though it probably won't be much progress.

SEMI-IMPORTANT

On this week's (March 11th) Nitro Game Injection (KyleJCrb and Liontamer's show), Grant Kirkhope himself will be their guest. Since there should also be a chat feature alongside it, it might be a great opportunity to bump the project.

Good idea, I like it.

@Fayt: Awesome!

@Ancestor: The 2nd one sounds nice.....but both are too long. I've actually been thinking of prospective titles for a while and I'm kind of really liking "Jigsaw Memories".

Reasoning being because the album is supposed to be like someone is putting together a puzzle made up of their memories of the series which is why I worded the slight style interpretation for levels as "Literally what they were instead of what would likely be remembered".

So a title would thus match this concept. Two to three words max, I'd say. So far I only have "Jigsaw Memories" and "Puzzle of Memories" but I'm really leaning towards the first....lol.

@Nonamer: Ooh that'd be cool....I wouldn't really know how to bring it up there, though...=(

@Cash: That's alright! The amount of progress you make on each check-in doesn't really matter. What matters is that you made any progress at all. Where it will REALLY matter is in June, which is when I will be expecting WIP files from everyone with a claimed track so far. But between now and then, even if you've only made a little progress between each check-in, I'll consider it a pass =). So long as you have a semi-complete WIP by June.

Just be prepared. I'm very serious about getting this OCR-approved, so to the best of my ability (and I am getting together something of a QC panel for this), I'm going to try and make sure almost all tracks are close to OCR-quality. Close, at or above. At is where you should be aiming.

Oh man, I'd love to join this. I may not have had any OC Remix yet, but making Banjo-Kazooie remixes is one of my favourite things to do :D

My reference list: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smouvmaster/videos (it contains mostly arrangements/remixes among with some other stuff. Most of them were done in a little over a couple of hours, so the quality on some of them may be a little stale. A lot of Banjo-Kazooie remixes can be seen there as well).

I'd like to take Freezeezy Peak if it's still up for grabs :smile:

Edited by Smouvy

Just be prepared. I'm very serious about getting this OCR-approved, so to the best of my ability (and I am getting together something of a QC panel for this), I'm going to try and make sure almost all tracks are close to OCR-quality. Close, at or above. At is where you should be aiming.

This will definitely be quite the musical exercise for me, but I can work with that :]

@Smouvy: It most definitely is still available =D. And it is all yours~ Are you going to be using the one you have one your Youtube already or making a completely new one? Cuz I'm listening to the one on your Youtube and it sounds really nice.

@chroxic: Good =P. BTW, what's a good messenger to use to get in touch with you because PM limits me to 5 people every 5 minutes. I added you on MSN messenger, but I don't think it went through...lol.

I did, XD.

First post is updated, btw! 10 more songs left to claim...and I made a small change to the Tooie section because it was brought to my attention that Cauldron Keep isn't actually a level, so I replaced it with Isle O' Hags.

Cauldron Keep has been moved to the Bonus Optional Tracks list. So it's still there, just no longer a featured track.

@Smouvy: It most definitely is still available =D. And it is all yours~ Are you going to be using the one you have one your Youtube already or making a completely new one? Cuz I'm listening to the one on your Youtube and it sounds really nice.

I'm gonna see if I can come up with something else for this project. But worst case scenario, the one on my YouTube could be used.