[RECRUITING! Next Check-In: Jan. 29th! 8 songs unclaimed!] Jigsaw Memories: A B-K Series Album

Kirvee

• 2 weeks later...

Since it's 6 days before the first check-in deadline, I just want to say a few things regarding it:

- I'm probably going to start sending out PMs/e-mails the day before (on Tuesday) but you don't have to answer them until the day of Wednesday unless you want to.

- I don't need to be shown WIPs, I just need to know that you're working on your tracks and if you've made progress, even if it's like a few miliseconds of progress.

- If you DO have a WIP you want to show me, you're welcome to just know that any WIPs I'm shown will be given to people to QA and leave feedback on which I will then give to you. So I'd prefer you only show me something you really want/need feedback on.

- If you've made no progress at all, but still intend to work on your tracks, then don't worry! Just have some progress made by the next deadline.

- Now is a good time to tell me if you have to drop a track/can't work on the project anymore.

- Some of you have already been PMing me with WIPs so I won't need a progress update from you for this deadline since I already know your progress. Though do keep me posted, please.

That's all =).

Sometime next week I'll start asking for and collecting album titles that people like and put them together in a poll on the first post to see which one people like the most. I'll probably also be sending out another wave of recruitment PMs after this deadline passes, since we still have 8 unclaimed tracks.

Which reminds me, if anybody who's thinking of joining this is reading this, don't worry if you join close to or after this deadline! We'll be recruiting as long as there are tracks unclaimed, so don't worry if you're missing this deadline. There's three more deadlines after this one and then there will be 3 or 4 after that, so new recruits will have plenty of time.

First check-in deadline has passed! I've updated the topic title with the next one.

I've PMed everyone already and have heard back from a lot of you.

Those who've read the PM but have yet to respond have til the weekend to respond to it. If I don't hear from you by 12AM EST Monday morning, I'm going to assume you're dropping (although you're free to reclaim your song if you want).

Til April 25th! We still need more people to do the unclaimed songs.

Short version: I need someone to help me with my track.

Long version:

I would still very much like to contribute to this project, but I need to face the fact that I don't have enough musical knowledge to make an arrangement anywhere close to OCR quality. I've got more than enough resources to teach myself what I need to know, but music education is one of the lower priorities in my life for a while.

That being said, while I can't contribute much to the melodic arrangement, I'd love to offer anything else I can do to anyone willing to collaborate with me on Rusty Bucket Bay. This includes stuff like drum programming and possibly mixing / mastering if you're willing to let me give it a shot.

For those curious if I've had any ideas so far, I've only come up with the (what feels like) impossible task of capturing the sound of the Knife Party remix of Unison. :tomatoface: However, I'm open to more logical takes on the theme.

Let me know if you're interested!

@Chroxic: Collabing is allowed for those who want it. There are some people listed in the first post who're offering assistance on remixes, though I don't know to what specific extent.....try them, though?

I'm sure you'll find someone who can help =). But don't feel bad if you don't. If it helps, technically you have til April 25th to have something of substantial progress on a remix, so consider before then to be a deadline for finding someone to help you.

@jnWake: Aw, thank you! That's ok! It makes me happy knowing others like the project, even if they can't directly contribute. If you'd like, maybe you could help us with spreading the word around?

• 3 weeks later...
...consider before then to be a deadline for finding someone to help you.

As of yet, I haven't made any progress and today marks exactly two weeks until my last final is done. Therefore, I must withdraw from this project. Rusty Bucket Bay is now open to anyone interested in remixing it.

I kinda have a tendency to take on way too many projects. While I'll still be watching this thread for a bit, I'm overall taking a break from OCR for a while to figure out just what the hell to keep doing and what to stop doing in my life (OCR's on the keep list no matter what, but I might need to bump it down a ways).

@Chroxic: Alright. Thank you for your time and I hope you find what you're looking for =).

@Everyone: Jordan came back to claim Gobi's Valley this time, and as Chroxic said Rusty Bucket Bay is now free, so we're still sitting at 9 songs unclaimed.

Edited by Kirvee

Today's the day of the 2nd check-in, so I'll be sending out PMs and IMing some of you today.

Like last time, if you've contacted me recently about your remix, you're exempt from this check-in since I already know your progress. This is also, like last time, a prime opportunity to let me know if you need to drop/change songs/get an extension due to life/whatever.

And though it should go without saying, I would REALLY APPRECIATE if I got responses to this check-in today at the earliest, by Saturday at the latest. Even if it's just one word!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Reminder that the check-in is in 3 days. This will be the last check-in before I require a working WIP that is at least 50-75% done from everyone who is still here/on the project.

I need them because I'll be applying the project for OCR-official status with them as track examples, so the more I get, the better.

If you think there's a problem with meeting the June deadline or not having your WIP up to that level of completeness but you still want to be on the project, PM me and we can talk about it. Remember there's going to be at least 4 more check-ins between the WIP deadline and the 100% track deadline.

Awesome =DDD.

----

Terrarium of Terror and Spiral Mountain up for grabs again. Spiral Mountain will be moved off the Bonus Disc listing if no one claims it after a while and put back on the "List of Songs That Would Be Nice To Have".

I've updated the title with the WIP deadline. I've already sent PMs to everyone so just waiting for most of you to get back to me.

13 songs unclaimed...=(

• 3 weeks later...

Today's the day! I need at least one 50% done WIP file from as many of you as possible. I'll be sending out PMs later today, but if you could PM/e-mail/IM me them before that, that would be great!

I'll post the next batch of check-in deadlines later today as well. They'll be on the first post in the Timeline area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Check-In.

I'll be sending PMs to some people soon.

Edit:

Alright, so this probably came as a really, really late realization, but I realized that the way the track list was colored made it look like I had more WIPs than I actually do. That is FALSE.

So, to make it easier, I've added in another color.

Now when you claim a track, it'll be Orange which just means the track is claimed, but I DO NOT have a physical WIP for that track from the person who claimed it.

Magenta tracks means I DO have a physical WIP for the track (physical as in it's on my computer, not if you put it on Soundcloud to show me but never actually gave it to me).

And Navy means finished, but we obviously don't have any of those yet.

Now you will have a more updated list of how this project is slowly coming along =).

Also please claim something if you're a remixer reading this. We really need remixers....

Edited by Kirvee

• 4 weeks later...

I'm extremely interested in joining up for this, not sure if this is the right place to be announcing it though.

Couldn't send a PM or an email (Neither went through for some reason), so resorted to adding you on my messengers, if that's alright with you, Kirvee.

Also had a couple questions regarding the tribute tracks to lost/cut music: Does that count towards music from Dream, as well, or just the beta Banjo-Kazooie music?

I'm extremely interested in joining up for this, not sure if this is the right place to be announcing it though.

Couldn't send a PM or an email (Neither went through for some reason), so resorted to adding you on my messengers, if that's alright with you, Kirvee.

Also had a couple questions regarding the tribute tracks to lost/cut music: Does that count towards music from Dream, as well, or just the beta Banjo-Kazooie music?

Since Dream actually has a fair few compositions out thanks to Grant, I would say it applies only to the beta music.

Since Dream actually has a fair few compositions out thanks to Grant, I would say it applies only to the beta music.

Alright. Well, I've pretty much gotten myself attached to Cloud Cuckooland here, Sort of interested in claiming it, if it hasn't been stealth-claimed already. :<